Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier 2] Problems compiling new project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this is my first attempt at an AppGameKit C++ project so I could very well be missing something obvious, but I've got an error I can't figure out when I go to compile.

Any ideas?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 07:33
Which version of AppGameKit are you using?

Which edition of Visual Studio are you using?

If you can, post the code you're trying to compile.

Cheers

Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK 1076, Visual Studio 2010

There's a rather large amout of code so that could be difficult. And actually this question has evolved, the error above was fixed by removing an #ifdef line now I have:

Which I feel is due to something that I possibly didn't set up for AppGameKit to work correctly?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 08:15
That error is familiar to me. In your project properties check the following (remembering these off the top of my head):

Linker->Input->Additional Library Dependencies: in here you should have the path to the effects of C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release
If you see ..\..\platform etc you may have to go browsing for the libs. Make sure you pick the libs located in VS2010. Choose Debug and Release as per your current configuration.

In the same window check the top where it lists a bunch of .libs. Make sure AGKWindows.lib is there.

Hope this helps.

Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
So, forward progress, but now I get

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 22:36:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 22:36:07