Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Model Converter - (Just about anything) -> .ago

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 04:59 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2012 01:41
Hello!

I made this converter quite a while ago, back when Paul Johnston first gave out the basic .ago file format, but I just wanted to make sure that you guys knew it existed(or maybe you all have some other tool that I haven't heard about or something).

It's attached to this post, and all you need to do is make sure you have Python installed(and set-up to be in your PATH environment variable), and drag your 3d object file onto the dar13_modelConverter.py file. The script should take the given 3d object file(compatible file formats found here) and create a new file with the same name as the given file but with the .ago extension.

Hopefully this is of some use, let me know if the AGO file format has changed since then or if the script isn't working.

Setting up Python:
1) Go to http://python.org/download/ and download/install the 2.7.3 version that corresponds to your platform.
2) Make sure that .py and .pyw files are associated with python.exe and pythonw.exe(respectively),located in the directory where you installed Python.
3) All done! A typical commandline would look like this: "python (whereveryouputit)/dar13_modelConverter.py (youroriginalmodel) (optionalnewfilename)"

Note: There was a couple of new errors in the script, here's the updated version:

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 06:16
I have never touched Python, so maybe start there?

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
I seen this and thought that it would be cool but I have not used python before and cannot fix the "assimp library not found" error.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 01:40
I edited the first post to have some extra instructions for those who don't have Python installed.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 02:34
Quote: "I edited the first post to have some extra instructions for those who don't have Python installed."

Good man!

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it working but all of the models that I have tried the polygons where in side out.
also if I opened up the ago file the texture filename was not complete(it was missing the first few letters of the filename).

Great and very useful script.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2012 07:25
Quote: "I got it working but all of the models that I have tried the polygons where in side out."

Hmm...that's weird. Try changing the ago file where it says "RightHand{ 1 }" to "RightHand{0}", and let me know if your faces are still inverted.

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 03:42 Edited at: 5th Nov 2012 03:48
I found the problem:
it appears that the indices rows are backwards, in the file they look like this

when they should look like this

Edit:
Fixed the problem by changing:

in the script to:
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 01:42
Thanks Jimmanator, haven't really had time to look at the problem recently. That fix should work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:16:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:16:19