Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Remote iOS device install

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 19:34
How do you go about installing a test project (ie. before it's ready for the store) on an iOS device that is not yours? And it isn't (and won't be) Jailbroken?

My situation is I have an app I made for a friend at a company in a different country. I don't have access to their iPad so can't install it for them. They want to put it on the iPad though to demo to customers.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Current fave quote : Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 20:45
First, do you have an Apple iOS Developer License? You will need this to publish with Apple.

Assuming you do, log into your Apple account and look at this page. It has information about publishing for testing.

I have not yet done this process, but will need to soon.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 09:25
Yeah I've already published a couple of games. Just never needed to setup basically beta testers before.

Thanks for that. I did find a lot of information on adhoc distribution last night, but that seems to be the best link for the must upto date explanation.

That's the only major hassle with Apple. Basically they keep changing things massively so any online documentation (even their own) is well out of date. Follow a plan from 2011 and then half way through it turns out they changed the name of something. Or completely moved it to an entirely new (and not obvious) location. Sigh.

After work I will have to give this all a go. Hopefully the wife won't mind me hijacking the Mac Mini as it's now on the lounge TV

Cheers

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 15:29
I love my Mac Mini. My office is now a seriously cross domain place.

I have my Windows 7 computer, my Linux computer, my Mac Mini, two Android devices and two iOS devices. I like computers!

(This doesn't count any of the computer and computer-like devices throughout the rest of the house, and there are many. My husband likes computers as well.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 19:07
Yep. Being a programmer for a living adds up the hardware a *lot* over the years. When I moved to Cyprus I had to put two of the oldest desktops out of their misery (one had an external zip drive and the other had an external one). I literally put a mallet through their hard drives. Honestly wasn't too far off being like when my dad buried the dog...

Just setup VNC, SMB, and XCode 5.something, and I'm good to go on the mini from the Win7 laptop while still watching the TV. Everyone is happy Maybe I should get an extension cable otherwise constantly getting up and checking iOS device plugged into mini. Hmmm.

Cheers

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2012 19:23
What does your Mac Mini do with the TV?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 08:11
Quote: "What does your Mac Mini do with the TV?"
I live in Cyprus and changes to the satellites lately means I can't get BBC (amongst other UK channels) on my big dish. So we use it for iPlayer (and similar programs) to watch UK TV. My wife can't be doing without certain UK cooking programs

XBMC also makes a good media centre (yay trailers are back after they got rid of Frontrow) to bring it all together with the little Apple remote, although I have bought Remote buddy for better integration (plus it supports the BT PS3 remote which I must try out sometime).

Cheers

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 09:01 Edited at: 8th Nov 2012 09:01
To let anybody test your app you need this:
- Add to your itunes connect a device of your team
- Renew the profiling of that app
- Download it again
- Send it to your teammate
- Let him install it dropping in the iTunes in the library

Now when you do the IPA, do it as developer and send to your teammate.
He can drop it in the iTunes App Library and install thx to the profiling you given him.

Enjoy!

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:40:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:40:28