Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player Strangeness transmitting PNG Sprite Sheets and BMP files ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 14:29
I'm testing my App on a Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet 10.1 running the AppGameKit Android App, it connects, receives and runs the game beta just fine. The game itself also works fine in the AppGameKit IDE.

What it doesn't do .... is migrate over to the Tablet any of my Animated Sprite Sheets, which are composite PNG files or any of my BMP files which I also use for animation.

I've even tried a demo file of Van_B to see if it was me, and that had similar problems as well. The water animation (BMP files) never made it over and ended up being X's .(Attached for download)

Has anyone had similar issues and resolved them? What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance!

----
From the Desk of Prof Versaggi ...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 15:53
Did you check that the file name is exactly the same as what your code tries to load? I believe android is case sensitive, which windows isn't, thus is why it would work there, if this is the problem.

Toby

My hovercraft is full of eels
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 16:00
And you are better off using .png files instead of .bmp files in general.

But, as lilpissywilly (love that name!) said, make sure you have the exact same case for the file names in the code as they exist on the disk. The names this.bmp and this.BMP and This.bmp are not the same as far as Android is concerned.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
TrezSoft
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 20:33
Not sure if it's relevant to your issue but I found if any of the sprite Sheets / Images are over 1024 x 1024 the Nexus 7 (the only one i have to test on) will ignore the Images.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 16:19:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 16:19:19