Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Inner-Active.com - Adding ads your apps - Website has been hacked.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick one guys, just tried to log in to the inner-active.com website and it's been hacked.
thought I'd let you guys know.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 23:29
The login page looks okay. I went directly to that and not through the home page.

Then I tried going to the home page. Yup, hacked good. I wonder if they know.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't remember the login URL, so was going through the main page.
Why don't people just leave stuff alone and do something constructive.

Does my head in.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Only just left that site in the last few minutes. It looked fine to me, but I only went straight to my login also.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 17:00
The main page is thoroughly hacked. Let's see how long it takes them to realize and fix it. This might give a clue about how much attention InnerActive pays to their site.

At the moment, I am now concerned about the information I stored with them. I cannot remember if I filled in the payment information. If I did and the hacker was more than a malicious one (just attacking the home page), my information (and everyone else's) may be compromised. I don't have warm fuzzy feelings about this.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It's fixed now.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 17:48
Good, they were paying attention.

Did you know that there is a 'www.inneractive.com' that has nothing to do with 'www.inner-active.com'? The one without the hyphen (the one we don't use) was created in 1996. Our inner-active was created in 2006. I'm betting our InnerActive was really upset that the domain name was already taken.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. Including dashes in domain names is a pretty terrible idea from a business perspective, IMHO. Almost everyone, myself included, naturally enters URLs without dashes so I often end up at inneractive.com too. That's why I always check domain names first before coming up with business names or project titles so if it needs a domain I can reserve the most popular candidate.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 18:51
Quote: "always check domain names first before coming up with business names or project titles"

I've had clients who have had fun with this. We usually manage to find a name that works (like 'www.PamsCommonScents.com', she really wanted just CommonScents).

I had an idea for a product and went and reserved the domains while I was still working on it, just in case. But, the product turned out not to be viable (for a variety of reasons) and I let the domains lapse.

InnerActive didn't check, clearly.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 15:48:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 15:48:11