Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How much would you pay for...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 11:08 Edited at: 12th Nov 2012 22:44
This isn't directly an AppGameKit question, but a question about a series of Apps I'm almost ready to publish. I believe this is the forum where I'll get good responses to my question on how much you would pay for these apps, first one is Bingo...

Firstly, imagine you are a client that would want to purchase these apps. You need to be a fundraiser looking to put on entertainment for your club or organisation, to raise money. You'll probably run several fundraising evenings a year.

These games are designed to be a great visual experience for the audience, displayed on a big screen.They are networked, so that the audience experience and the compere console are separated, and the audience see the game, not the mechanics.

The organisation makes money by selling sponsor advertising to local businesses, displayed on the big screen, between games. These can be used to fund the purchase of the game, and to make more funds prior to the evening even starting. Suggested income from £10 - £50 GBP ($20 - $80 USD) per advert, up to 5 adverts.

Bingo - http://www.devink.co.uk/orchestrated/bingo-game

Planned price points

Freeware (home use, no ads, no networking)
Fundraisers - Fully functional - £14.99 GBP ($25 USD).
Commercial - Fully Functional - £29.99 GBP ($50 USD)

Everyone knows and loves Bingo. Whether you are a die-hard Bingo enthusiast, casual holiday player, or simply join in when you're in the right place at the right time, most people have to confess to playing the odd game or two. More importantly, it forms part of the repertoire of many fundraising events.

Orchestrated Entertainment Bingo follows the ethos of this range of fundraising games, by allowing the compère to inject new technology into old games, without being tied to and diverted by the technology. Swipe and orchestrate your way to a great evening of entertainment, with stunning visuals not usually experienced by this type of social game.

The competition:

http://www.bingo-caller.com/ - many features, very basic user experience (£12.50 GBP, $20 USD)

EzDraw - basic interface, also allows ticket printing - (£40 GBP, $65 USD)

Stateside Bingo - complex setup features, basic interface (£14.99 GBP, $25 USD)

Any feedback Welcomed

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 11:27
I think a fairly well organised group would seriously consider using a system like this. It would help if you provide information on where they could get the rest of the equipment they would need to get set up too like the cards etc. Perhaps you could team up with a company that sells those sort of peripherals?

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 11:31
Thanks for the ideas. I intend to seek out suppliers of bingo cards,although initially I can use the power of Google Ads to find them for me on eBay. I may ultimately create a card-printing additional app.

When I started this project (I have a more ambitious game that has been gathering dust for years) I stalled because people would need to hire projectors etc. These days, every school and hall has them, and multiple laptops, tablets etc are available through the members of the group. So now is a much better time for me to start up again...I hope! I have half a dozen games that have only seen the light of day at events in my own town.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 14:16
sounds like an interesting niche market you're targeting.
what's the difference between the fundraiser and commercial versions?
the price point looks reasonable considering the competition, but I'd make sure that your version has additional selling points to be worth the extra amount and to be peoples best choice. e.g. maybe you could include animations using your toon balls whenever the numbers drawn have their own spiel like legs eleven and two fat ladies (although I'm not sure how that would go. down with possible sexist and weight discrimination activists )
before you answered in your last post, I was wondering if you'd plan to create your bingo tickets/cards yourself and how you were planning on doing the final checking/verification, but I suppose that's covered if you are going with established distributors of these items.
anyway, that's all my input good luck!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 14:54 Edited at: 12th Nov 2012 14:55
Thanks again, these questions and suggestions are helping me put together some useful information...

Quote: "what's the difference between the fundraiser and commercial versions?"

The price If you are a fundraiser, you get a 50% discount. This business only works if the fundraisers make more money for their cause by buying the product.

Quote: "I'd make sure that your version has additional selling points to be worth the extra amount and to be peoples best choice. e.g. maybe you could include animations using your toon balls whenever the numbers drawn have their own spiel like legs eleven and two fat ladies"

Nice ideas. Currently it is physics-enabled and behaves like a bingo machine. I plan to add additional visual features as I add additional functionality.

I already have many themes that are selectable and instant...

Quote: "how you were planning on doing the final checking/verification"

I have a verification screen that culminates in a congratulations message and sound effects.

I will have the full manual online shortly with videos etc. The points above will help me make sure I cover everything and be the favoured app

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 22:44
Here's a better idea, I quickly ran through a lot of the functions. The video doesn't include the in-game sponsorship or networking aspects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 15:36:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 15:36:38