Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Building a Tier 2 template for iOS (yes, but more people look here)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 22:03
I was able to get a Tier 2 template working (both vanilla and with my tweaks) for v1085 (posted in the AppGameKit wiki).

So I started working on the Android and iOS ones. I updated the core files based on differences from v1082 interpreter_iOS files and tried to build. It compiled fine, but had the following linker errors:

I built the project from the functioning v1082 iOS project with the mods to the core files and new libraries/headers.

I found a Social Plugins directory with FacebookSDK in IDE/platform/apple/Source. But it's not clear if this is what is missing or how to add it to the project. Adding the whole directory causes other errors (basically to do with png files?).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 02:35
I've attached what my interpreter project looks like. I've also updated to iOS 6.0 and found that as long as the "iOS Deployment Target" is set to 5.1 the orientation doesn't need any changes. Tested on an iOS 5.1 device and iOS 6.0 device.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
There it is the FacebookSDK.framework
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 10:03 Edited at: 1st Dec 2012 10:20
Paul, what does your FacebookSDK.framework look like if you expand it? I get the same errors as Ancient Lady, only a single file is in that framework (headers) which contains:

Quote: "XSym
fd87f740706b16d34883aa9a7b4d0fca
./Versions/A/Headers "

Edit: I also tried downloading and copying over the FacebookSDK framework directly from FB along with adding the other libraries but this did not change the four errors described in original post. Something isn't linking correctly.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 12:45
I tried your 1085 template, but I got the error
. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Im realy new to this whole C++ template thing
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Zoq2 download the Direct X June 2010 sdk from microsoft and install. Put the sdk folder in the library search path if its not already there
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:18 Edited at: 1st Dec 2012 19:24
The template I uploaded assumes that the Direct X June 2010 sdk is installed in C:\DX10SDK. If you install it somewhere else, you will need to update the directory reference in the Library Directories field under Configuration Properties->VC++ Directories (in the project properties pop-up). Make sure to update both the debug and release versions. (I need to update the Wiki page with that info.)

EDIT: I just updated the Wiki page with the information about Direct X 10.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:39
I've attached what I see when I expand the FacebookSDK framework. The framework itself can be downloaded from this link https://github.com/downloads/facebook/facebook-ios-sdk/FacebookSDK-3.1.1.pkg

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 19:58 Edited at: 1st Dec 2012 20:09
Okay, I have the Facebook SDK in, I just needed to know which directory level to add from (the image cleared that up).

Then the problem was libsqlite3.dylib. So, I highlited the libxml2.dylib, went to its location and dragged libsqlite3.dylib in and all is happy!

And it runs on both my iOS 6.0 iPod Touch and iOS 5.1 iPad.

Thank you for the help. I'll zip it and add it to the Wiki page.

EDIT: The iOS v1085 Xcode templates are now available on the Wiki page.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
These templates are a real headache to get done right!

Big Thanks to Paul for always giving us a helping hand and providing assistance, without him we would all be here complaining that T2 does not work!!!!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 21:56 Edited at: 1st Dec 2012 21:57
I'm still not having any success getting agkinterpreter to compile in Xcode, always getting Facebook errors. I reimported the Facebook SDK framework from the github source, but then get 10 errors when compiling:

My file structure:

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Xcept I would suggest you download the template cooked by Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 22:26
My template is for basic Tier 2 building. I haven't tried to get the interpreter itself to compile.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I always thought that the Interpreters for al platforms would compile out of the box... When I tried the windows one, it did not.

So I think that TGC should make sure to set up a vanilla system and test that the project compiles, and that if we need to install and extra stuff, that we are made aware if that, else we will keep bothering Paul and Lee over and over
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
AL, I have the same issues trying to run your 1085 template.

I have a new folder with all of the AGK1085 content files. I put your modified 1085 template folder into the IDE/templates directory. I open the xcodeproj and try building. I also tried replacing the Facebook SDK framework with the downloaded one and had the same problem. Using Xcode 4.5.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2012 11:10
Quote: "So I think that TGC should make sure to set up a vanilla system and test that the project compiles, and that if we need to install and extra stuff, that we are made aware if that, else we will keep bothering Paul and Lee over and over"

They should just email Ancient Lady the templates before release, if she can get them to work then the rest of us have hope.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
why don't they just supply working templates themselves like all other toolkits do?!!

but as long as we have someone like Paul to help us build a template, it's all fine
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2012 17:26
Quote: "They should just email Ancient Lady the templates before release, if she can get them to work then the rest of us have hope."

If they put me on the payroll, I'd be very happy to do this.

xCept, the error messages you displayed look like your project isn't seeing the FacebookSDK.framework (they are the same ones I got until I added the framework). Does it appear in the folder view of your project? If so, when you click on it, do you see the correct path under the Identity tab in the far right column? It should be showing:

I just opened the Xcode project in IDE/apps/interpreter_ios, and it built fine (if you ignore the warnings). I didn't have to do anything with the project created when I installed v1085 and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
AL, here are the exact steps I'm taking:

1.) Downloaded the latest 1.085 beta ZIP on Windows

2.) Ran the EXE installer from the ZIP on Windows, installed to new directory

3.) Zipped the new directory and copied it to my Mac computer

4.) Extracted the new AGK1085Beta directory on my Mac

5.) Opened agkinterpreter.xcodeproj in IDE/apps/interpreter_ios

Initially, FacebookSDK.framework shows up in the folder list as part of the project, but when expanded it only has a single "Headers" file without any of the other includes shown. The path on the right indicates "Relative to Group": ../../platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/FacebookSDK/FacebookSDK.framework

When I build it using the steps above, I get the same four errors relating to Facebook.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Disregard that last message, I think I got it working... Apparently the process of zipping the entire AppGameKit folder on Windows, then extracting it back out on OS X, caused some path/directory corruption. I just tried without any of the zipping and it seems to have built fine. Thanks for everyone's help.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2012 22:17
I'm glad you got it working.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 03:58:59