Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / * Aegul's Mod *

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 12:29
This is a great mod, and I admire your spirit to make this open source! I will probably try and incorporate some of these features (especially the.mini-maps) into RPGmod, giving you full credit of course.

Keep up the great work.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:18
I have an idea for an action/stealth/tactical- with a mix of the usual game, this mod would be, and is perfect!

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 18:47
HELL YEAH!

Love returning after a couple months and seeing a new member come out of nowhere with something so awesome!

Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 23:34
Not to knock the RPG mod at all but this mod looks great maybe you could add some RPG stuff to this mod?
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 15:40 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 11:17
Aegul’s Mod – Beta Demo v1.0

Hi Everyone,

The Demo of Aegul’s Mod is now out and can be downloaded from the first post of this thread.
This being the first Beta Demo, I am expecting quite a few bugs to be reported by users. So please when reporting a bug, provided as much detail as possible and please provide videos or screenshots where possible.

All Features are Compatible with All STOCK Characters and Weapons. (I think)

Since I do not own many Model Packs I am relying on other users to test these features with different model packs and to let me know if they are compatible and working correctly.

This Mod is in its early Beta Stages and should ONLY be used for testing purposes only, until all bugs have been fixed and when a final build is release. Thank you.

Bugs: Since upgrading to the latest source code a few bugs have popped up.

• Player now gets clipped when object is between of camera and player (even though object becomes completely transparent) – I will need to have a look at this and make some tweaks

• There are a few others involving camera movement/Collision which I will also look into

• Climbing on Walls doesn’t seem to work on every attempt, will need to be fixed

Install:

Open Folder "Demo - v1.0 (Beta)" and Copy entire content to your "FPS Creator" route directory
Make sure you back up your original 'FPSC-Game.exe' file

Keys Functions:

Q – Bullet Time On
E – Bullet Time Off

Ctrl – Aim Assist (Lock On), Press and Hold to Lock On, Press and Hold again to Lock On to another Entity (character)

N – Third Peron Mode
B – Shoulder View Mode
M – First Person Mode

G – Grab any Character and use them as a Shield (Only works in 3rd Player mode), must be close to an Entity (character), Press Right-Mouse-Button to release character

Left-Mouse-Button - Melee attack when not holding a weapon

Right-Mouse-Button – Melee attack when Holding Gun (except guns with zoom feature such as Riffle/Sniper weapons), Only works in 3rd Player mode

Hold Shift and Down – To slide down Ladder

Third Player Character

When choosing a Character for Third Player Mode
The ‘main script’ of the player must be ‘Player.fpi’

Script Location: - “FPS Creator\Files\Scriptbank\Users\Player.fpi”

Right-Mouse-Click on Player in FPSC Editor and on the left hand side you should see a column,
Please try and use the setting shown below

------------------------------------------------------------------
+General
Name | (Anything)
Static Mode | (No)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
+AI Script
Start |- (Default)
Main |- “FPS Creator\Files\Scriptbank\Users\Player.fpi”
Destroy |- (Default)
Has Weapon |– (Empty)
Can Take Weapon |– (No)
Take Weapon’s Ammo |– (Empty)
Rate of Fire |– (Empty)
Shoot |– (Empty)
View Cone Angle |– (Empty)
If Used |– (Empty)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wall Climb or Climbing onto Large Objects

Climbing up Objects/Walls need to be Segments or Static Objects.
Will not work with Dynamic Objects since they can be pushed or moved away with player collision
So only works with Segments/Static Objects

Left/Right Keys - to move along a Wall when Hanging
Up Key - to Pull yourself Up
Down Key - to Let go

Climbing Ladder

Ladder feature works with any Dynamic Object using “ladder.fpi” as the `main script
Or a trigger zone using “ladder.fpi” as the `main script`
They must be placed infront of a Segment/Static Object for it to work

Script Location: - “FPS Creator\Files\Scriptbank\Users\ladder.fpi”

Left/Right Keys - to move sideways on Ladder when climbing
Up Key - to Climb Up
Down Key - to Climb Down
Hold Shift and Down – To slide down Ladder

PLEASE NOTE

• This Mod (Demo Version) should only be used for TESTING purposes ONLY
• You are not allowed to use this Mod (Demo Version) to Build actual Games, not until the Full Version is Released
• You are only allowed to Build Test Levels in FPSC Editor
• This Demo will Expire on the 31st January 2013.
• A new Demo will be released with corrections to any Bugs that have been Reported along with Newly added Features as soon as possible

I would really appreciate users showing their work when testing this Mod.
If you could please upload Videos or Screenshots so I can see how testing is going.
Whether the Mod is actually working correctly or Not, if there is any Bugs, either way it would be easier for me to identify any problems if I can see it visually.
Thank you

Aegul
Ldewitt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 17:07
@Aegul

Are will this mod be usable for Commercial games once its fully released?

Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Dragon slayer

Quote: "Not to knock the RPG mod at all but this mod looks great maybe you could add some RPG stuff to this mod?"

Yes I believe I could.

If there are any features anyone would like to see added to AEGUL'S MOD please feel free to add your suggestions and ideas and I will try and implement them.

Please also give a brief description of each feature(s) and how they might be used, so I can fully understand what it is that you want

@ Ldewitt

Quote: "Are will this mod be usable for Commercial games once its fully released?"

Yes, the Full Version of Aegul's Mod (when released) will be usable for Commercial games.

Aegul
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 17:42 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 19:38
I will give this a test. Thank you for your work. I will let you know how it goes.

Edit:
How it went and results.
System Specs:
Vista home premium (x64) serv pack 2
Intel core 2 quad CPU Q6600 @2.40Ghz
4 gb memory
Nvidia Geforce GT 430 with latest drivers

FPSC Version 120-8b installed on other then C drive.

First Run
-opened the test map in editor and press the test game button.
-Built test game and was able to run it.
All segments were dark and could not be seen.
Third person was working, but could not see where I was going so I ended the test game and proceeded below.

Second Run
-Ended test game and added around 8 lights throu out the level and ran test game again.
-Test game built, but crashed with the standard error message which of course is useless information as it tells you nothing of what is happening.

-Restored the fpscgame.exe from 120-8bAlpha4 and ran one of my test maps and it built the test game and ran the test game no problem.

Third Run
-shut down fpsc and cleared the DBO and Bin files to try again.
-Restored your FPSCgame.exe file.
-Reloaded the test map and pressed test build.
-Builds the test game, but when you run it now it just crashes all the time.

I will try and reboot the machine, clear all dbo and bin files and try your mod file again and see if it will build the test game and then run it.

Edit:
OK machine rebooted and dbo and bin file cleared
Loaded your testmap and ran test game to try again on a freshly rebooted system.

Builds test game, but crashes very quickly out of the test build and then the map editor crashes with the standard error message. (level is to big, something is wrong, try reinstalling, Blah, Blah. Useless)

OK so I restore the 120.8bAlpha 4 and run the map. Build a test game and the test game runs, of course with out your modifications.

Segments still dark black. But that would be on my end because I only have the original ones installed and there are not all textures to make the shaders work.

My setup.ini file is included in the download button.
I use all the new shader effects, and my setup.ini will reflect that when you review it.

Well, back to the game I was working on. Let me know your thoughts and if you need any other testing. Your files are still installed on my machine. If you have a workaround let me know and I will try that one also.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
@Pirate Myke

Seems to work with beta version 1.20.006

http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V120_BETA6.zip

I will have to take a look at beta version 120-8bAlpha4 and see whats going wrong

Aegul
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 19:31 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 20:12
@ Pirate Myke

http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V120_BETA6.zip

http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V120_BETA7.zip

Are both working for me, but http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V120_BETA8B.zip
Seems not to be working. Can you confirm beta 1.20.6 and 1.20.7 are working for you?

[Edited]

Uploaded file again, so please download new file and try again.
Should be fine with Beta 1.20.6 and 1.20.7

Aegul
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 20:20 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 21:00
OK I will try. What does your setup.ini file have for shader use?

Edit:
beta120.6 works. Very cool indeed. BTW, I left the setup.ini file as it is from the install.

Install beta120.7 now.
beta120.7 works.

Installing 120.8b now.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 21:05
Works with beta120.8b with the default setup.ini on my machine.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 22:29 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 22:31
Works great with the latest alpha build. A+++++! It's missing the animations for swimming but great progress so far. Keep up the good work!

Don't waste your life
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Aegul :- If you want any help with your source then let me know.

Good work so far there are a few changes in the latest source that may effect your changes.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 02:33
So far, with 1.20b8, weapon pickups are bugged, looks strange, I can't explain it, sorry, but taking them from enemies works fine.

Works fine with the modernday characters
Works fine with the mp4 characters
Works fine with the gore pack brute characters
All weapon packs work
Bond1's packs work, wouldn't recommend most characters thought

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 08:39
Quote: "I’m sorry but I will not be selling my codes. My goal is not to make money out of this Mod but a fun hobby to express my own ideas and indulge my gaming fantasy."

That's even better. I appreciate that greatly.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 14:42 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 14:51
Gave it a whirl using completely custom media, mostly to check out the third person.
First off nice work...probably the best 3rd person I have seen so far.

The first thing I noticed was that you have to scale the character to 80% or your going to get feet through the floor, particularly with terrain, I could probably work around this with my own characters but for stock its not so easy. The characters in FPSC have always been reduced in scale in the fpe, most people have always felt they were too small due to this.
You have obviously coded the 3rd person to suit this scale, it might better to use the scale of 100% for this as it seems a lot more pronounced in third person that the character is too small and I think folks would rather scale all their characters to 100% than reduce all the scenery in their games.
It might be possible to raise the character in its appear script I haven't the time to look too closely at it right now.

It works like a charm for me on both sliced segment and entity terrain and if I get the time will upload video showing it in action, I'll look at ladders next (using wall vines) and let you now how this goes.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question:
What are the commands you added?

For me as a scripter this is the most interesting question

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 22:02
Now, would that third person feature include the bullet time, lock on, Enemy info, and view toggling as an all in one, or would you later make all those features have their own separate command?

I would prefer them to all be separate, because I think it would be more customizable to have a game where you can toggle to the third and first person view, without any bullet time or enemy info.

All I'm saying is, I think this mod would go farther if it were more customizable, but that's my opinion, not sure about anyone else here.

I still love it.

unbound
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 00:43 Edited at: 17th Jan 2013 04:18
Wow amazing, but is there a way to get rid of the health bars? Also, I think you should make the bullet tracers a bit faster and transparent.

EDIT: Never-mind, found the settings in the mod folder.

You want a sig? this is your sig!
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Corno_1
Quote: "I have a question:
What are the commands you added?"

No new commands have been added. If there are any commands or features you would like to see, please feel free to add your suggestions and ideas and I will try and implement them.

Please also give a brief description of each feature(s) and how they might be used, so I can fully understand what it is that you want

@ The Nerevar
Quote: "Now, would that third person feature include the bullet time, lock on, Enemy info, and view toggling as an all in one, or would you later make all those features have their own separate command?"

@ unbound
Quote: "Wow amazing, but is there a way to get rid of the health bars? Also, I think you should make the bullet tracers a bit faster and transparent."

In the First Demo Version V1.0, everything has been left on. So nothing can be toggled on or off at the moment.

The Next Demo Release will have All features added that can be toggled On or Off. Giving the user the option to choose what feature they would like to use and what they would like to appear on the screen

Aegul
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 07:14
@Aegul
I probably won't get to try the demo due to some PC issues, but I wish you the best of luck with this. It's an extremely generous contribution to the community.

-TZK

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
No new commands have been added. If there are any commands or features you would like to see, please feel free to add your suggestions and ideas and I will try and implement them.

Please also give a brief description of each feature(s) and how they might be used, so I can fully understand what it is that you want "

No I just want to know how the commands you currently added are called. A list would be great

But thanks for this offer. And I have a addition!

This would be great, but without I can also live

Corno_1

unbound
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2013 05:41
Quote: "In the First Demo Version V1.0, everything has been left on. So nothing can be toggled on or off at the moment."

Thanks for the info, I found that out the hard way. Also, I have a suggestion for a command, maybe this command does exist but I could not find it in a list of every FPSC command. Anyways, here it is:

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
The command you prob looking for is plraddhealth=x

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
unbound
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 10:27
Quote: "The command you prob looking for is plraddhealth=x "

The command i am talking about is a condition, not an action. It would detect if the player took damage.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 19:59
Please tell me this guy is on the FPSC-R team?

Seriously cool stuff.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 03:17
Looks good and works good for me as much as I have have tested it which is not a great deal. Still it has not caused any issues I can see and adds a great deal to flexibility for gameplay and scenarios.

I particularly like the optional 3 camera views. Great stuff.

As a note for the future if it would be possible to move around corners whilst hanging from a wall or whatever that would be good. I guess that may be asking for a difficult addition and we can live without it if its a major undertaking - no worries.

Its just great to have these extra features for many that I am sure could put them to good use.

Thanks.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No new commands have been added. If there are any commands or features you would like to see, please feel free to add your suggestions and ideas and I will try and implement them."

I'd love to see dual wielding added to this mod! The combination of 3rd person while wielding a sword and a shield or double guns could make for some very exciting game levels.
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
@ s4real
Quote: "@Aegul :- If you want any help with your source then let me know."

Thank you. I might take you up on that offer. Your expertise, (along with F l a t l a n d e r and Scene Commander) has been invaluable to the source code thus far and are greatly appreciated

@ Rolfy
Quote: "It works like a charm for me on both sliced segment and entity terrain and if I get the time will upload video showing it in action, I'll look at ladders next (using wall vines) and let you now how this goes."

To Rolfy and to All other Users (testers) of Aegul’s Mod Beta Demo V1.0, I would LOVE to see Videos or Screenshots on how testing I going.

Since the only point of reference I have so far is what I have tested on my system. I would love to see what other users have been testing on their systems

@ uman
Quote: "As a note for the future if it would be possible to move around corners whilst hanging from a wall or whatever that would be good. I guess that may be asking for a difficult addition and we can live without it if its a major undertaking - no worries."

That’s a great idea. I’ve just added that feature to the wall hanging a few moments ago. Will be in the next beta demo. (wasn’t difficult at all, few additional lines)

@ geistschatten
Quote: "I'd love to see dual wielding added to this mod! The combination of 3rd person while wielding a sword and a shield or double guns could make for some very exciting game levels."

Sounds like a great addition to the third person feature. Will definitely add it to my list of ‘things to do’

@ unbound
Quote: "Thanks for the info, I found that out the hard way. Also, I have a suggestion for a command, maybe this command does exist but I could not find it in a list of every FPSC command. Anyways, here it is:

+ Code Snippet
plrtookdam=x
x = amount of damage the player took"

Not sure if FPS Creator already has something similar that gives the same results but if not, I will certainly add this command

To All (Beta Testers), Just want to say a Big Thank You to you All. Please continue testing and keep your
Suggestions and Ideas coming and I will try and implement them.

Hopefully with all the help and ideas from Users testing this Mod, I will be able to improve this Mod to most Users’ Liking

Aegul
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 01:10
I really like where you're going with this mod, great work so far!
I have a little suggestion, what about a top down shooter system? It'd be pretty cool to use that along with some of the other features you've added.

Once again, excellent job.

-TZK

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 01:50 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2013 01:57
Aegul,

Thanks for adding the moving around corners while hanging that should be a great addition.

I love the way also the player can use this hanging technique to climb on to Entities too so one can say climb onto the top of a vehicle and so on and hang from it too.

The drawback from this system is a lot of my current levels would have to be redesigned to accommodate the features as for example in out door levels in particular the player can now access areas of the level you would not want them to such as at the edge of the world where he can easily see nothing exists and even jump out of the level and die

Not complaining here its a factor of how good and versatile the system is

Its not a fault of Your mod but more a restriction of FPSC one of having very small level sizes.

Great pity here that such as this is not destined for FPSC Reloaded as it will be sorely missed as an important feature vital for any modern game engine in my humble opinion.

Its also to me a great pity that if limited to FPSC then games made with FPSC R will in many cases be inferior from this point of view of Player capability and what that can do to enhance games and gameplay and vice versa this mod feature being limited to FPSC Classic would mean users staying developing with it will have to do so at the expense of having to use an outdated version of FPSC with great player capabilities amongst the other things but lacking in the other improvements that FPSC R will provide - such as the benefit larger world size would give to your Mods advantages.

Seems to me leaving this out of FPSC R is madness and a split of the best features between two products - one new and one legacy.

Hopefully FPSC R will at least have a ladder

This Mod is perhaps one of the best things for game makers ever to be built into FPSC in any version - I would personally swap shaders for it any day.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 02:12 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2013 04:24
A video showing your mod with fully custom media.
I find that third person works almost flawlessly and I am very impressed, I hope you plan to use the source from v1.20 when finally released as I intend to use many of the new features that have recently been put into it.
If I were you I would definitely take up the offer of any help from current programmers working on FPSC right now.

Ignore the framerate and chop I am using a laptop with integrated graphics card and the capture software kills this machine.

There are a couple of small glitches concerning wall and ladder climbing.
I notice you seem to use the current grid system for this, 100x100 inches per grid square. To make the character climb the vines against the wall I couldn't simply use the meshes as is. I had to use invisible wall static entity's, 100x100 inches sat on top of each other. These must be placed at (grid) floor height for the climb to work, though I was able to lower the topmost wall entity so he dropped off at the correct height at the top. The total wall height is around 4.5 segments, but this worked fine. However due to the fact that the bottom of the wall and terrain height which starts half segment height I would get a glitch, its no big deal and I dont expect you to fix this as its something I could create the media to suit in future.
The script ladder.fpi didn't work for the vines mesh which is simply a mesh with transparency, probably the same reason as the static wall, I simply used the ladder at the bottom of the wall (its not required to put it all the way to the top) and gave this a transparent texture.
This same issue occurs with jumping onto lower walls and I suspect is created in the same way. The character would disappear when jumping onto the wall and reappear when moved forward again, you can see this happen in the video at the point the character walks along the top of the wall and steps up onto the higher pillar.

I used bond1's Grendel character for third person and as you can see they use his planar drop shadows which look great for third person. Since the shadow is...um...planar parts of it get clipped on hilly terrain but its fixed by placing vegetation in these areas to hide it.

I notice in your Mod.txt file you have listings for Third person speed and an animation list. Is this to be used for animation calls or are they toggles?
Its easy enough to change the animation frames in the character .fpe to use any custom anims but would be cool to change in a file such as this. One thing though these characters do retain the stock animations and I noticed when jumping with an unarmed character it used the 'weapon held' jump animation.

The only other issue I had was using first person view with this particular character, where the head sits forward compared to a normal human, the camera sits inside the head.
Again would be nice to have an easy way to change camera position for both third and first person.

Again all this is custom media and I can make it to suit your code rather than you trying to make it suit my models, this is a very nice mod and impressive work, cant wait till you release it and I will most certainly have use for it

One much needed addition to this is increasing player fall speed, its much more noticeable that the player 'floats' down in third person.

Quote: "Bond1's packs work, wouldn't recommend most characters thought"

Since bond1 always leaves the stock animations intact and merely adds his custom animations to these the characters all work fine, you even get the planar shadows working fine, as you can see from the video, which adds a great deal to third person use in this mod
You can assign the custom animation frames in the fpe if you want to use characters from other model packs.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 02:50 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2013 02:53
Very impressive rolfy thats an awesome demo of the mod in use.

Quote: "This Mod is perhaps one of the best things for game makers ever to be built into FPSC in any version - I would personally swap shaders for it any day."

I think you must remember that FPSC would not be where it is today if it wasn't for the great mods that have come and gone.

People take for granted water in fpsc now and all the other features so its nicce to see something new.

Project Blue had so many features no one even touch half what it could do, it could even do 3rd person but nobody ever scripted it.

The work in this mod is very impressive and will give scope for new games in fpsc.

It's nice to see someone new come along with fresh ideas to enhance fpsc

best s4real

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 03:06 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2013 03:09
Quote: "I think you must remember that FPSC would not be where it is today if it wasn't for the great mods that have come and gone."

100% agree with this, I doubt Lee would have introduced so much if doing it alone and its very much down to people that took the time and effort to make FPSC what it is now. This mod is an excellent addition to whats been done before and I sincerely hope this too see's the light of day and gets completed...many thanks to you all.

Its what makes this a great community to be a part of.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 10:00
I agree entirely of course.

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 00:50
you should add in a feature for bullet penetration.

http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Donations to the site are welcome. Your donations will be used to upgrade the site. Donations are only 2 dollars.
Aegul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 12:31 Edited at: 25th Jan 2013 13:11
@ The Zombie Killer
Quote: "I really like where you're going with this mod, great work so far!
I have a little suggestion, what about a top down shooter system? It'd be pretty cool to use that along with some of the other features you've added."

Thank you, but I have already added this feature. I decided to keep it switched off and not to put it in the First Demo Version V1.0 because there were a few bugs and some of its features still needed tweaking. I will switch it on, so it will be able for the next Demo Version V1.1

@ uman
Quote: "Its not a fault of Your mod but more a restriction of FPSC one of having very small level sizes.
- such as the benefit larger world size would give to your Mods advantages."

I believe I could code it so you could extend the map-size (world grid) to a larger area or even be user-defined. But due to memory consumptions especially in larger levels (1.8gb) , I’m not sure how helpful it would be

@ rolfy
Quote: "The first thing I noticed was that you have to scale the character to 80% or your going to get feet through the floor, particularly with terrain, I could probably work around this with my own characters but for stock its not so easy. The characters in FPSC have always been reduced in scale in the fpe, most people have always felt they were too small due to this."

Nice catch, Just changed it. Now will use (Entity-Height/2) to position character, so no matter what the size/scale of the entity it’s feet will always be at ground level

Quote: "I find that third person works almost flawlessly and I am very impressed, I hope you plan to use the source from v1.20 when finally released as I intend to use many of the new features that have recently been put into it."

Yes I will definitely be upgrading my Mod to the Latest v1.20 once the Official Upgrade for V1.20 is release. Should be very soon (I hope)

Quote: "I notice in your Mod.txt file you have listings for Third person speed and an animation list. Is this to be used for animation calls or are they toggles?"

They are both. You would be able to set animation frames for your character so they wouldn’t have to follow the same STOCK animations. And can toggle features on and off, giving the user the ability to decide what features they would like to use. I hadn’t completely finished adding all the variables in, so decided not to have this switch on for the first Demo Version V1.0. Will have it activated in the next demo

Quote: "The only other issue I had was using first person view with this particular character, where the head sits forward compared to a normal human, the camera sits inside the head."

Hmm. Normally the Mod will search for the head-limb and then place camera with collision detection. Might be a scaling issue or something else I missed.

Will also add the ability not to have player body in 1st person mode, (its only there so you can see the players feet), so users can choose whether or not to have player’s body in 1st person view

Quote: "One much needed addition to this is increasing player fall speed, its much more noticeable that the player 'floats' down in third person"

I have notice this. It seemed to have occurred once I upgraded to a later Source Code. Will need to take a closer look to see why this is happening

Quote: "I notice you seem to use the current grid system for this, 100x100 inches per grid square. To make the character climb the vines against the wall I couldn't simply use the meshes as is. I had to use invisible wall static entity's, 100x100 inches sat on top of each other"

Quote: "The script ladder.fpi didn't work for the vines mesh which is simply a mesh with transparency, probably the same reason as the static wall, I simply used the ladder at the bottom of the wall (its not required to put it all the way to the top) and gave this a transparent texture."

I’m not quite sure why. As long as there is a static object infront of the player, wall climb and ladder should work. It might be the mesh having gaps in between. I think the static object needs to be completely solid. I will have a look into this.

@ kingofmk98
Quote: "you should add in a feature for bullet penetration."

I’m sorry, but I am not quite sure what you mean?
Please can you elaborate on this feature and if you can please give an example on how it might be used

Aegul
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 13:17
@Aegul
By bullet penetration I'm pretty sure he means the ability to shoot through objects while still having bullet impact decals to be shown and bulletholes on static objects etc.

One cool thing that I've tried desperately for such a long time to do in FPSC is have decals (not the decals like fire and stuff) on dynamic entities to allow for things like bullet wounds on characters.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, nice work on the mod.

-TZK

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I believe I could code it so you could extend the map-size (world grid) to a larger area or even be user-defined. But due to memory consumptions especially in larger levels (1.8gb) , I’m not sure how helpful it would be"

This is not as simple as you may think, when making the map size larger you will have to change the lightmapping as well for the larger size. There are also other factors to take into count so its not as simple as just making the editor map just bigger.

Mod is looking good can't wait for the next demo.

best s4real

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 15:04 Edited at: 25th Jan 2013 15:05
@s4real
Quote: "This is not as simple as you may think, when making the map size larger you will have to change the lightmapping as well for the larger size. There are also other factors to take into count so its not as simple as just making the editor map just bigger."

I learnt that the hard way in my first attempt to do that myself.

-TZK

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2013 15:34
I wish I was not behind so much in the game project I am involved with. I have some things that I plan on trying with your mod that were not possible with the other updates being done.

Still I am very excited about the features you are putting in this mod. Great job again. I cant wait for the next beta from you.

Thanks to all that have been testing. I envy you for having the time to go thru this.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 02:57
Would removing some height while adding width and length to the mapsize help with memory consumption? Lets say you shave 6 levels from height and make the map 6 more squares bigger in both directions. I'm no programmer so I don't know the implications of this on other functions so this is just a suggestion.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Ruwbaen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 09:07
Worked great! But fps stays afwull though. Can you adjust the fps to 50 or 60? Can you also set culling on and the camera range from 1 to 1000? It can speedup a lot.

"Ce n'est pas un bijou normale monsieur Will" - Chaque Dupont in my game Jack Will
jbfreeze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 14:30
This is amazing can you create a size scrolling view
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 09:22
just giving this a bump, don't want it to go off page

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be a good idea to integrate this mod the end of patch version 1.20.

I know that the program is intended for first person shooter games.

But!

The mod its only:

FPSC-game.exe (A simple .exe and some scripts that do not alter the application)

But watch this video of an application called "Entidad 3D", based on the engine "Genesis 3D" FPSC is in many ways much better than this program.

But look at this video:

[youtube]6Mnd76PeHJM[/ youtube]

Its third-person mode is equal to that offered by this mod.

It's just my suggestion as TGC client.

Greetings and I hope that my request was not much, thanks.

independent game developer
unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry this the video:

independent game developer
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope this hasn't died off.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2013 12:39
@rolfy
Quote: "I really hope this hasn't died off."

Me too.

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:55:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:55:09