Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Help] App Store rejection due to non-public APIs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 23:39 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 23:41
Since, my app (Block Ooo) was finally accepted and published on Intel AppUp store for the contest, I decided to submit to my app's original intended device (ios). To my surprise I got the following rejection notice from apple a week later:

Quote: "

We found that your app uses one or more non-public APIs, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. The use of non-public APIs is not permissible because it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

We found the following non-public API in your app:

stringWithNewUUID

If you have defined methods in your source code with the same name as the above-mentioned API, we suggest altering your method names so that they no longer collide with Apple's private APIs to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions.

Additionally, the above-mentioned API may reside in a static library included with your application. If you do not have access to the library's source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and "otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.
"

My question is has anyone run into this issue with apple and how do I fix it? Or AppGameKit developers any idea what this all means (I'm referring to stringWithNewUUID). Please help, Thanks!
FYI I used AppGameKit 1082 beta for the app's final submission.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I've not experienced this myself, but that command was an unofficial way to get a unique identifier of the user's device. Paul stated back in March that AppGameKit doesn't use the unique device ID so I'm not sure why that'd be part of the product (unless this is something that was added in one of the beta builds). What version of AppGameKit are you using?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 02:35
Quote: "FYI I used AppGameKit 1082 beta for the app's final submission. "

He updated his previous post...

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
not so good news.

Can Paul or Lee comment?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 16:34
Looks like it is used in the Twitter API, I'll see if I can change it
Lavaflyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 19:29
Would this twitter API not be in 1076 because I was hoping I could resubmit my app to apple tonight (and I had used agk 1082 for my app block ooo
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
twitter api appeared in 108x

its not in 1076

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:49:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:49:05