Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Beta has no Mac support??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I wanted to check out the new features of the beta, so I downloaded "Optional Download - AppGameKit V108 BETA5 - Latest BETA supporting Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. We recommend SDK iOS 6.0 for T2 users, and include the new Facebook folder in the apps folder when making an Android build." I unzipped it, but all it contained was an .exe, which is obviously useless in OSX. What gives?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 07:42
I personally haven't downloaded Beta 5 but most (if not all) AppGameKit exe installers, once installed, provide the mac/iOS libs in IDE/Platforms. You'll have to install AppGameKit on a windows to get to the Mac libs.

Some people have talked of using archivers/extractors/whatever to pull the files out of the exe on a mac but I haven't tried.

Willie Mundermuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
Not the most convinient of setups, but it'll do I guess. Thanks! (Glad I have boot camp running)
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 08:04
Quote: "Not the most convinient of setups, "

I know, it's one of the things that deterred me from downloading the betas.

I hope, with the full release, that they'll upload a separate .zip which only involves a simple extraction.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree, please go back to the ZIP it's more convenient
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 17:27
They will go back to a Mac zip distribution when they do an official release of v108 (or v109). v108 is currently in beta, not official.

You can get the v108 stuff by simply copying the AGK/IDE directory to your Mac and deleting the Compiler, Editor, Help and Utilities directory.

And you can get v1085 Tier 2 templates from the AGK Wiki Templates page.

I just got the v1085 Player compiled and running on both my iOS 5.1 iPod Touch and iOS 6.0 iPad 2. It is important to change the Architectures under the Architectures section under Build Settings for the agk_interpreter Target to only armv7. Remove all reference to any other ones.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 12:36:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 12:36:06