Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Looking for help with Testing iTunes/AppStore rating setup

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2012 20:28
lilpissywilly gave me good information about how to set up to do rating in Android and xCept offered the probable url format for iTunes/AppStore in this post.

I was able to test the Android one with the provided url example and it worked fine. So I'm pretty sure that I have the right url for my own app once it gets to the Android market (I'm finishing the levels now).

But I need to test the iTunes/AppStore url. The proposed url format is (assumes nothing between 'id' and the app id '#######'):
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id#########

If someone has actively used this for their app, can you please verify it is correct?

Also, if someone is willing to provide the app id for one of their apps published in iTunes/AppStore in an email using the forum link that I have set up only for this purpose, I will test using that id. Assuming it works and gets me through to the correct App in iTunes/AppStore, I will give you a glowing 5 star rating (based on the description provided for your app).

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2012 09:30 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2012 09:32
The URL I mentioned is the most basic way to get the user to your app page, but I'll also mention another method for iOS that takes the user directly to the "Write Review" section in iTunes instead of the app overview page to save them a step (it also avoids launching Safari at all).

For instance, my Little Eggy game has an ID of: 486116783

The first working URL is:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id486116783

The native iOS URL to take the user right to the review page (only works on the physical device itself) is:

itms-apps://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewContentsUserReviews?type=Purple+Software&id=412842078

Both of these will work fine in iOS 4.3+, including iOS 6. (If curious, the "Purple+Software" is a code name identifier that stuck around and must be included for all apps if using this route.)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
very interesting.

I thought Purple Software was your own name!!!!!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2012 16:42
Thank you xCept.

I'm about to head out for a holiday visit with my daughter and will test this when I get the chance.

Another forummer sent me an id and I was able to get AppStore page to come up.

I'll try the direct route to the review page later.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 21:36
xCept, I finally found my round tewit and tested what you posted and it worked. At least, if I was supposed to get to Scribblify it worked.

So, I invested my 99 cents and tried it out. And then gave it a nice rating. A very nice little app.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops, I thought I had used the Little Eggy ID for that example, Scribblify is mine also. Thanks very much! I'm glad the URL trick works

It's too bad Apple doesn't provide a more streamlined way for users to rate and review apps without having to exit the app itself. In iOS 6 you can use the Store Kit API to open your app store page within a modal window of the main app without exiting it, but it doesn't take the user to the Reviews page so there's another tap or two required to get them to where they can rate it. The URL way is more direct and is the only method AppGameKit supports.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 00:13
I actually have Little Eggy as well. It is fun game. I don't remember if I rated it.

My next trick is getting the social bits to work in the app. After I finish modifying the basics based on showing it to my daughter (Masters in Internet Marketing). She loved the game play (laughing and yelling as she went) and had comments about the rest of the interfaces.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 19:36:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 19:36:04