Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Official Ouya support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 03:05
I know there have been several threads on ouya support, but I haven't found anything very concrete. Can we officially bank on ouya support from agk, or should my team go ahead and do the project in Java? If ouya support is definitely in the cards, when can we look for it? Any concrete information/commitment would be much appreciated.

“It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value” -Stephen Hawking
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
your best bet is to use T2 and just include the ouya sdk which give you controller + store support.
cryptojoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 07:47
Just for the record OUYA has shiped its frist 1,200 units...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57561158/ouya-kickstarter-video-game-console-ships/
The ace of the spade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 21:53
That's exactly my point - our dev kit is supposed to arrive within a couple weeks, and I would really like to be able to start going on our project ASAP

“It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value” -Stephen Hawking
cryptojoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 07:50 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 08:38
at the end of the day android is android... what I mean is if you want to write for android then write for android... the support will come for OUYA if it becomes popular and if not you can put your app out to other android platforms...

I started programing back in the 8 bit home computer days.. and I'm a little rusty, but I can tell you that programing is programing... programing languages are just a matter Syntax and Rules... if worse comes to worse you can port your code... if you can get your code to work in one language it will work in others...

I've ben following OUYA and hope it gos big, but we will see...

its like JXD's android gameing tablet's... I happen to like the JXD S7100 myself
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 09:07
Ouya is just another android device no ? i don't understand where is the problem with AppGameKit (which already supports Android ...)
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 10:00 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 10:01
Happy new year!

I think Lee covered it back in August 2012 when he said.....

Quote: "I signed myself up for an OUYA (but not the launch party) and am eager to see this one unfold! The basic device is Android, and AppGameKit will probably work on it out of the box. I'll be getting mine before it hits the stores (hopefully), so I'll be able to make sure any last minute signing requirements and special bits of code are in there so you can enjoy creation and playing your AppGameKit apps on a Console! No expensive third party developer license fees, no 'permission required', no 'secret short list', you will be able to code your own console game and share with your friends! How cool would that be
"

This is the link to the original thread..
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199398&b=41

Hopefully Lee will be receiving his OUYA soon and AppGameKit T1 can be ready for the launch.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ouya is just another android device no ? i don't understand where is the problem with AppGameKit (which already supports Android ...)"

Ouya requires the use of its own SDK (or ODK as they call it), which probably gives access to things like controller input and other Ouya specific features. I'm sure integrating the required things from the SDK won't be too time consuming for Lee or Paul.

Sean

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the ouya sdk has support for the ouya store and ouya controller. the rest is standard android.

devs have already received their ouya hardware
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I love the look of this console! I have played Moon Snaker using an android tablet with HDMI output and loved it, so having tried it already, I can see the appeal of seeing your game running on ouya!

The ace of the spade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 23:25 Edited at: 6th Jan 2013 23:32
@crypto joe - yes, but my team dropped nearly 1000 on a dev kit, so we aren't quite so eager to just go with the flow.

To run your app on ouya is not a problem, however using their controller, their store (all games on ouya must follow a free to play model), etc. requires use of their "ODK." Since there are things like shop commands, input commands, etc, in app game kit, I wanted a yes or no answer as to whether or not ouya support would be fully integrated, or if we should go ahead and go full tier 2.

I'm experimenting right now with our dev kit to see how much extra leg work is involved using agk, and will put up my results here later.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i would go for T2 as it seems that your case is not of an indie hobbyist, but a commercial game, so you can't afford to depend on anyone.

we still don't have gamecenter commands after 1 year of AppGameKit, so I suppose Ouya support will take some time.
KUICS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 04:52
Perhaps this post can help somebody out?
http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/comment/1/#Comment_1

www.kuics.com - KUICS Australia PTY LTD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:17:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:17:12