Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Eclipse errors when building T1 AGK player v1086

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 07:46 Edited at: 6th Jan 2013 07:47
I got some errors that I have no idea how to fix in eclipse when trying to build the v1086 T1 AppGameKit player. I know one is provided, but I like and need to build my own.

I made sure to download the google API r13 and all the other google play billing SDK files and etc so the errors are a mystery to me.

Here's a snap that contains the errors, its also attached to this post.

I got it to work by just deleting the errors, but I'm not sure if doing so will cause any of my games not to work correctly on the play store or etc.

Also I was wondering if since I have to use the android 3.2 API to build my games, does that mean they will only work with android 3.2 and up? Switching back to 2.3.1 in eclipse always gives me errors as the guide said.

And is there anyway that I can build my game without having to include the fackbookSDK? It just adds about another megabyte,and I'm not really going to use it.

Thanks,

//simpleprogram

Programming and video games, what else could you need?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 16:33
Quote: "I got some errors that I have no idea how to fix in eclipse when trying to build the v1086 T1 AppGameKit player."

To fix that error right click on your project and choose Properties, then Java Compiler, and make sure the compiler compliance level is set to 1.6

Quote: "Also I was wondering if since I have to use the android 3.2 API to build my games, does that mean they will only work with android 3.2 and up?"

It will work on 2.3.1 as long as the Android manifest still has the line that targets SDK 9 and sets the min SDK to 9.

Quote: "And is there anyway that I can build my game without having to include the fackbookSDK? It just adds about another megabyte,and I'm not really going to use it. "

If you remove all references to facebook in the AGKHelper.java file it could work. Make sure you keep all the functions just clear them out so they do nothing, or return 0 or an empty string if needed.
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 20:16
Thanks for the help and the information,

I got everything fixed, working and was able to compile my game as well as the player.

Programming and video games, what else could you need?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 17:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 17:26:00