Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Android 4.x freezing

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 01:48
I had reports of this from someone testing my game months ago and finally, I got a device to test on.
Seems pressing a virtual button freezes the app, but a quick test app works fine. Will hone it down to whatever it specifically is now I have a test device, but odd that I can't see any reason.

will add more when I have something specific..

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 23:33
Hmm as if by magic this doesn't freeze anymore.
All I did was add some debugging to the functions and it worked. Took the debug out - still works.

I had something similar and rare in delphi where the alignment of code in memory was sometimes wrong and changing something (anything) recompiled that section differently. Anyway, happy that it's working, not so happy to not know.

Another thing that was hapenning was that a certain part of the game worked at 30fps and just by clearing the player cache (thanks AL) this section returned to 60fps again.

I guess the same things are related, but the button hang on 4.x was also from a standalone apk build.

Still scratching head..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:25:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:25:51