Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / When did we get GameCenter?

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
When did we get GameCenter? I don't remember that being part of any lists?
It's cool, but a little heads up would be fantastic.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 08:39
(hmmm, it don't match the motto "Code your game once")
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Markus, GameCenter is a MUST-HAVE for iOS games. Without gamecenter your game will have little success on the app store.

If you want to make multiple platform compatible games, just don't use it, but let others who want to use AppGameKit exclusively to do IOS games have this option!

There are some gamecenter commands in the latest 108 beta, but there is no help on these commands and how to set these up, and i have no idea if these are just placeholders of if they actually work
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 09:47
yes, its ok, i think the existing functions from ios sdk must only wrapped to agk.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 18:32
The commands were added a while ago as place holders but have only just been filled out (will be released with 108). We wanted to use them in a tier 1 app so that's why they appeared. Unfortunately they are heavily tied to the app bundleID used by Apple for your app so the commands won't work until you compile with XCode and add leaderboards in iTunes connect for your app.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 20:02 Edited at: 13th Feb 2013 20:03
can we have a little list or example of what the commands do? i would like to try them out
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2013 18:58 Edited at: 14th Feb 2013 18:59
int GetGameCenterExists() - returns 1 if this platform supports game center (only iOS will return 1)
GameCenterSetup() - call before any other game center commands
GameCenterLogin() - call to log the user in to game center, if they are already logged in to the game center app this will happen in the background
int GetGameCenterLoggedIn() - returns 1 if the user successfully logged in to game center, 0 if the login is still in progress or failed
GameCenterSubmitScore( int iScore, const char* szBoardID ) - submit a score to a named learderboard as named in iTunes connect
GameCenterShowLeaderBoard ( const char* szBoardID ) - show a named leaderboard
GameCenterSubmitAchievement ( const char* szAchievementID, int iPercentageComplete ) - submit a named achievement as named in iTunes connect
GameCenterAchievementsShow ( ) - show the achievements board
GameCenterAchievementsReset ( ) - not yet implemented
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2013 21:35 Edited at: 14th Feb 2013 21:37
great! thanks a lot Paul

commands seem pretty straightforward and self explainable, will try to see if i can test them in some way or another.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:13:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:13:49