Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Viewer for iOS - doesn't respond - just Waiting For Stream

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 07:07
I'm using the 1088 installer, even though in About it says builds 107. I downloaded the latest AppGameKit viewer for iOS updated May 1, 2012. When I broadcast the player just sits there saying "Waiting for Broastcast even though both PC (or Mac) and iOS phone are on the same WiFi.

Port blocking issue maybe?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
The AppGameKit viewer on iTunes will not work with anything above 1.07* as TGC hasn't yet updated it for the latest build, which is still in beta. Even if the viewer did work, you'd find it is not very suitable for testing your actual app on the device as all it does is stream the app screen (TGC had to go this route due to Apple's rules).

Instead, if you want to get the player running on iOS you will need to compile the AppGameKit Player yourself included in the 1088 files using Xcode--which also requires that you have an Apple developer license. TGC includes an unsigned version of the player for 1086 in the Downloads section, which would probably work if jailbroken, but it is not updated to the latest beta.
TrezSoft
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 20:27
A little of subject but how do apps like cocoonJs player and appMobi player get around apples’s rules as they both produce players for iPad And iPhone (html5 to native). The only difference I can see is that you have to post the code to a website and then the player picks up the code to play on the device. Granted its not the ideal solution but if its possible I think it would be a great addition to AGK.
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 21:48
@xCept - thanks mate! @TrezSoft - didn't know that was possible, but perhaps the website you post to, has an authorised digital certificate from Apple to distribute the build. I can't imagine the phone would accept anything otherwise.
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 21:54
Oh yeah, forgot to ask. After I build it, can I just put it up here for people to use? Hmmm I guess the problem is getting around distributing the provisioning profile, for which there seems to be a limit to the number of the devices, and so I would have to add a device, and redistribute the prove prof every time someone wanted to use it. Not sure...
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 21:56
Just tried a compile then and it said - missing base SDK. What version of Xcode do I need for 1088?
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 03:47
Fixed it to compile by changing the target iOS version to 4.0, and the project iOS version to 4.0 though it may crash they say on certain API calls. However my current phone iOS is 6.1 so I'm upgrading my Xcode to suit. Will try to deploy next and report how I go.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2013 18:52
Psycho Psam, I have all of my iOS projects set to 4.3 for target and they work fine on my iOS 5.1 and 6.1 devices.

The AppGameKit libraries are written for the lowest common denominator and work fine.

It is only if you go off reservation and start using the Objective C files to add stuff that is meant for higher versions of iOS that you might run into compatibility issues.

As long as you stick with AppGameKit stuff, you should not run into a problem.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 00:56
Thanks Ancient Lady. I ended compiling with latest Xcode and 6.1 for my 6.1 phone - I got the player running on my phone to receive broadcast from AGK. I guess I can go down to 4.3 as you say.
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 00:58
BTW - That was running AppGameKit on Wine on a Mac while broadcasting via my local WiFi - so AppGameKit does work over VM layer - very impressive.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:42:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:42:07