Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Eclipse and AGK1088

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

When I bought AGk, its version was 1066 and I used eclipse and cygwin to compile my app...

Now, I am using AppGameKit 1088 and I am using the AppGameKit help to compile my app, but i believe this help is different... cygwin isn't already neccesary and it's very short. Is it true? or the help is wrong.

Other thing... I modified the interpreter.cpp (line 260), but I don't get run my app in my device (i only get the AGK_player).

Thanks!
TrezSoft
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2013 21:20
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok! This help is perfect for android! Thanks!!

Other question... I have a problem with my apk.

I install my apk and this is perfectly runned, but there is a problem... I use zip file with my images. this zip is uncompressed when the game is runned for fisrt time.

The game is closed! The files aren't uncompressed. The name of file is correct and it's in media folder... i don't understand it. With AppGameKit player, the zipextract works fine.

What happened?

Thanks!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2013 18:47
Are you sure you used exactly the same name in your code as the file name? Android is case sensitive. So, 'test.txt' and 'Test.txt' are not the same file in Android.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 09:24 Edited at: 26th Feb 2013 09:25
Hi Ancient Lady,

Yes, the file name and the name in my code is the same. The problem was that readbyte and extractzip doesn't work fine (in APK with android 4.1... at least, In my device) using the reading folder... If you use AppGameKit player, these commands work fine. For this reason, now I copy the files (using writeinteger) to the writing folder.

Thanks for your time!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 18:17
I was going to suggest copying the file.

This is the advice I gave MikeMax for a similar read issue:

The first time you read the file, it is in the apk itself and needs to be extracted. If you do an initial read and then store it back to the same path, it will be put in the app sandbox area and probably read much faster after that.

Since this would be a one time process, check for a small file of any name that doesn't exist until the app is run. If the file does not exist, put up a message saying that a one time initialisation is being done. Then read the file and write it back and create the small file (only needs to be a single value) and it will be found the next time the app is run.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:58:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:58:02