Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TGC needs your feedback

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2013 03:17
I never understood nor used the DATA command.

Quote: "make object new
vertex editing commands
limb commands"

+1

Clonkex

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Apr 2013 10:01 Edited at: 26th Apr 2013 10:02
I'd really like to see a setDefaultTextSize command. The default size of 4 is completely useless since it's way too small to see, and I hate having to set the size every time I create a new text object.

"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." ~Fluffy Rabbit
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 26th Apr 2013 11:18
arrays in UDTs is pretty essential.
but like this:

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2013 18:25
MissJoJo, that type of array in a UDT is just not feasible in Tier 1. A structure need a constant initialisation at least at the start. What you are suggesting just won't happen. Especially not with the way you have it initialised.

Tier 1 really does need an inline initialisation for arrays and UDT variables (which is easily done in Tier 2), but you won't get that happening inside of a UDT definition.

In general, you cannot have data initialised within the UDT definition. This isn't even done in Tier 2 (where they are called 'structs').

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 02:05 Edited at: 27th Apr 2013 02:11
Need a way to draw a line, or a three-dimensional line. That's seems like a very small task but it seems it would be very use-full in some games. Dark GDK has a line command this should not be to much of a hassle.
I think the easiest way to handle this is have a sprite go from one point to another, and be at a certain width. I know baxslash has developed line interpolation code but it is not a line really.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 02:39 Edited at: 27th Apr 2013 03:28
Never mind it looks like they have this in the new build so I guess I am happy with that. Well that is to say they have a 2d line I guess maybe a 3d line would be nice to have.
I hate the there is no search option in the help file, this would be very useful to find commands quicker, because you have over 1000 commands it seems.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 03:17
Ancient Lady, ok, initialization isn't that important, I could do it like this:

but Arrays in UDT's are fairly essential for much of what I do (I do workaround it, but my code would be sooo much cleaner if I could)
also Functions in UDT's would be nice. You can do this in FreeBasic.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 18:50
Arrays in UDTs would be very useful. I know it has been asked for more than once.

But I think it is a major issue in the way Tier 1 interpreter works (and all Tier 1 apps are handled by the interpreter). It has a hard enough time handling arrays of UDTs and things like passing UDT variables through multiple levels of function calls.

And, since Tier 1 doesn't have any method at all for referencing a function in a variable, adding one to a UDT just will never happen.

If you could work in Tier 2, everything you are asking for is possible.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2013 19:26
Quote: "And, since Tier 1 doesn't have any method at all for referencing a function in a variable"

That was a "High" in my feedback survey so maybe one day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 18:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 18:26:50