Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK v1089beta: problem with making *.apk files containing 3d objects and commands

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm having problems using the Eclipse/Cygdrive method when making *.apk files that contain 3d objects.
The scripts work fine on wi-fi transmitting to the v1089 Player. The Eclipse method appears to work fine
and produces the *.apk file, and installs without problems on my Asus TF101, but when I try to open the file,
it doesn't.
I have no problems with sprites and anything not 3d.
I've got no problems with the Eclipse process, I do it in 5 minutes, very quickley and easily.
But if anyone can suggest an alternative or point me in the right direction to overcome this problem I'd be
really dead chuffed....
I hope that's enough info and I've explained myself adequately...

Many thanks,
miki.

Here's a post script screenshot of the 3d Tetris I'm working on. I'd love to have it on my android.

in the end
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi miki,

you don't need cygwin/ndk in 1.089 version. It's very easy and it works with 3d objects.

this is all you have to do (it's work fine):

Quote: "
The interpreter_android_prebuilt project is the Android interpreter with all the NDK compiling already done, you do not need to worry about cygwin or NDK with this project.

Simply import it into eclipse and add your media and bytecode to assets/media. You may also need to import the facebook project as this project depends on it unless you hack out the references to it.

This project can be used to sign apps for uploading to the Google Play store.

To change the package name:
- Open the AndroidManifest.xml and find all instances of com.mycompany.myapp and change them to your chosen package name.
- Open GCMIntentService.java and change the package field at the top to your chosen package, after the change it will be underlined in red, hover over it and when a popup appears choose "Move ..."
- Open IAPActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.myapp to your chosen package name.
- Open MyFacebookActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.myapp to your chosen package name.
- Open MyJavaActivity.java and change the instance of import com.mycompany.myapp to your chosen package name.
- Open res/values/strings.xml and change the app_name entry to your chosen app name
"
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx for the help...

However, I'm in trauma

It was so easy b4

now i just get an error message after following all the instructions!

"Unable to resolve target 'android-13' until the SDK is loaded."

I JUST GET RED CROSSES ALL OVER ECLIPSE

IT WAS SO EASY B4!

in the end
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 06:01
miki, did you put all your media in the <androidproj>/assets/media directory?

And, are you careful about using exactly the same spelling in your code as the names of the files? 'thisfile.png' is not the same as 'Thisfile.png' in the Android world.

It doesn't hurt to be explicit about the path in the media load commands. E.g. 'id = LoadImage("/media/thisfile.png")'

Try editing the default.properties file in the android project directory and change "target=android-13" to "target=android-9". That might work.

Or, use the Android setup in AppGameKit to add the newer SDKs to the set (I forget which one is for android-13). That might also resolve the issue.

If you make either of the changes above, make sure to either close and reopen Eclipse or refresh your project in Eclipse (select it and either press the F5 function key or right click and select "Refresh" from the pop-up menu, there will be no feedback to you for either option, you just take it on faith that Eclipse does it).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 11:28
This happened to me too when I moved from 1.076 to 1.089, even though I added API 13 with the SDK manager. Reinstalling eclipse and following the instructions here did the trick. Obviously omitting the cygwin, NDK and build player steps.

My hovercraft is full of eels
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 14:34 Edited at: 31st Mar 2013 15:04
G'morning,
just getting back to things after some much needed sleep.
I'll try all the recommendations and get back to you.

A few things.
1. I replaced my IDE folder with the new folder from the 1089 setup already.
2. Using assets/media
3. "thisfile.png" is "thisfile.png"

in the end
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
here are a couple of relevant screen shots.

The Eclipe shot is from a copy of 'interpreter_android_prebuilt', processed. To make things simple.

The SDK shot is the state of my SDK Manager.

Somehow I've got myself to a point where everything seems
to be a little screwed up.

When I try and process one of my projects I get 45 errors just
in the src/com/thegamecreators/agk_player folder.

I suppose the only thing I can do is delete the whole 'C/Android/'
folder and start again.... which is a little more than a bind.
Considering just two days ago everything was working fine.
(I don't even have a Facebook account.)

Thanks for the help anyway..

regards,
miki.

in the end
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi miki,

Your installation is worng. You must install Android 3.2 (API 13) and Android 2.3 (API 9) in sdk manager. It's not necessary the 4.2.2 version.
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Juande,
re-installing everything!
Fun, fun, fun...

in the end
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sorry.

You can watch these steps (but, now It's not necessary to use cgwin and ndk)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203424&b=46

Good luck!
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 14:47 Edited at: 1st Apr 2013 14:48
Thanks Ancient Lady,
Thanks Juande,
Thanks lilpissywilly,

You're the business....

All sorted.
My Game is now on my Android