Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK & UI

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
so it seems that for the time being there is no plan to include ui elements like buttons, textboxes, listviews etc that look native on the device they are run on, so that we use AppGameKit to build ui apps.

Do any of you use some other libraries that do this? I don't want to use HTML5 solutions as the code is always very exposed, so I am thinking of something C++

thanks
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2013 21:44
Try wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
very interesting. thanks a lot
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:17
I've created my own UI system. As soon as compiled include file support is added I'll be selling my library. It's all XML(like) based and will support many UI gadgets. (Currently only images, text and buttons.)

If you can see, the buttons are animated too.

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 13th Apr 2013 08:49
I use my own AppGameKit library, basically whenever I need a new gui function (like a button for instance), I create it and keep to code for later use.
Here's the way I do buttons, the idea is extendable to just about anything you can think of (like scrolling lists, etc).

[written from memory]
of course, they wont look native to the device, but you can easily make the buttons look native to the game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 00:37:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 00:37:48