Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Dodge those Balls released for iOS!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 27th Apr 2013 08:17 Edited at: 27th Apr 2013 08:40
Dodge those Balls has now been published on iOS as well.
iTunes
Google Play
Publisher (tornado)s website
Blog

A HUGE thanks to tornado for publishing this on iOS and for doing many graphics updates!

tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
it was a great pleasure for me to work on this app in team! More to add, it appeared on the App Store even earlier than my own project

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2013 06:24
I've got to say that this game is really great. I love simple games that are really addictive like this!
Oh.. and I hate the pink balls... hate them so much!

www.NaplandGames.com
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2013 00:29 Edited at: 29th Apr 2013 00:30
Thanks Naphier! And thanks to everyone who downloaded the iOS version! As we have more reviews now, there are some concerns about controls - users say that control is a real huge drawback.
If someone could post here what causes the inconvenience and how to improve controls, that would be extremely helpful!

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations on getting this published to iOS and Android! I just downloaded it on iPhone. While I didn't have any problem using the controls, I can speculate on a few reasons why people may be criticizing them.

1.) Some may not look close enough to see that you can change between touch controls and accelerometer controls. I didn't notice the icon right away since it isn't labeled on the title screen and my eyes weren't drawn to it when I paused at first. I wonder if you could simply have both control types enabled by default? Users who want to use the accelerometer controls won't usually be touching the screen, so the touch controls could probably always be enabled.

2.) Many users are likely used to the fluid motion of games like Doodle Jump, where the player has friction and gradually slows or speeds up based on the tilt of the device. In your game, you have to rotate the device 25 to 30 degrees before any movement happens, then as soon as you rotate it less than that the player instantly stops.
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks xCept, we will get this improved with your recommendations

I also have to comment on iPod touch 4G incompatibility, there's a hotfix we actually work on hard. As this iPod version together with iPhone 3GS have some limitations on hardware capabilities, we will optimize DtB for compatibility with older devices in coming update.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:50:59