Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier2 Android 4.2.2 Edit Box crashes app when you try to hide the keyboard

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 02:25
Hey I found a bug that happens on my Nexus 10(Android 4.2.2) when entering text. (note this does not happen on my phone with 4.0.4) This has happened on Teir 2 of 1076 and 108b11 versions of my app, but everything else works fine.

On the Nexus 10, they use onscreen back, and home buttons rather that actual buttons. When you are entering text in an app using the virtual keyboard, the back button turns into a down arrow that is used to hide the keyboard.(This works in non-agk apps fine when pressed) When entering text into either an Edit Box or GetTextInput box, the app will crash if I push the hide keyboard button on my Nexus 10. I don't have this problem on my phone because it uses a physical back button, and on the phone in the same scenario it just hides the keyboard like it should.

Note: By crash I mean that the app freezes, and eventually gives me a popup: App_name isn't responding. Do you want to close it?
If i press wait, it is still frozen and then brings this popup back up after a while. The only way to fix it is to close the app.

This is important because I have a level editor, and if the user tries to save a level, but decide to go back the app will crash and they will lose any unsaved changes. I haven't found anything about this in the forums yet, so maybe i am doing something wrong.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 03:01
Beta 12 has a modified back button handler to prevent this very issue on another device, hopefully it will also fix your problem. Note if you are compiling with NDK you will need to change one of the NDK files so make sure to check the readme file that will be in IDE/platform/android/Source
RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 03:12
Ok great ill just wait it out then thanks for the quick reply
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 17:23
I just tested this on my Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 and had the same issue in v1076 Tier 2.

So, it is either Android 4.2.2 or Nexus or a combination of the two.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2013 05:44
Update:
So this bug did not exist on my phone as previously stated when I had Android 4.04. Recently there was an Update for my phone that put my Android version to 4.1.2 and now it crashes the same as on my Nexus 10 when I press the phone back button while inputting text. It sounds like Paul probably has already fixed this in the next beta 12 but I felt like updating just in case. BTW, my phone is a Motorola Droid Bionic.
RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 04:21
Update
Fixed in version AppGameKit 108 beta 12 as Paul promised. I just tested on my Nexus 10 and droid bionic. Good stuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:26:02