Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How do you spawn the display of two overlays at differnet times from a trigger.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 08:35 Edited at: 6th May 2013 08:37
Well the forumers always say to be specific in the title.

here is the scenerio: Player steps into a triggerzone that is placed outside of a window of a locked room. There is a scream, and a shot and a blood splatter(overlay)appears on the window. I have the first shot and blood splat squared away using this script

As you can see I have written a timer for a second shot and I'd like to have a second bloodsplat appear. My most recent attempt was using the settarget,activate target. but as written it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 17:32
It is "settarget=NAMEOFENTITY" and "activatetarget=1" which would activate the target you specify. When the entity properties "spawn at start" are set to NO and the "activatetarget=1" is passed, it will spawn the entity (works the same as the "activateifused=x" command.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 18:50
You know as I typed that post I was thinking to myself, I bet Black is going to have the answer to it.

Your my Yoda!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2013 20:01
Quote: "You know as I typed that post I was thinking to myself, I bet Black is going to have the answer to it."

I walk, talk, and breathe the scripting language. Besides, I was lurking while enjoying my morning coffee.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2013 11:14
Quote: "I walk, talk, and breathe the scripting language"

Is that unhealthy? Or am I not doing it right?

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:13:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:13:40