Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Native mode issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, this is my first time posting just started using AppGameKit and I'm confused about native mode. I mean I code in C++ and I am used in the Visual Studio environment, but don't know how to go native so to program Android apps with Visual studio and AGK. Any help???
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2013 17:13
You're looking for App Game Kit Tier 2, for android apps you use the eclipse IDE, for iOS/ Mac apps you use XCODE. Visual Studio is used for making Windows apps.
Victorq
Years of Service
User Offline
So after installing eclipse and the required sdks I start coding in C++ using the commands included in AppGameKit? Or go into java?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2013 21:26 Edited at: 10th May 2013 21:28
All coding (of AppGameKit stuff) is done in C++. The java is to support it running on Android.

I do my initial coding and testing in Visual Studio, which also provides a very usable debugger.

Once I am content with things working properly, I copy the code files that are NOT AppGameKit specific to the other platform (Xcode and Android) projects and use the appropriate method to build them.

EDIT: My current WIP has 146 .cpp/.h unique files, not including the core AppGameKit ones, between my game app and the level editor. The beauty of Tier 2 is that you can use real OOP and all the great 'native' things like vector, list and string.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:58:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:58:21