Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Audio error during run of simulator for T2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep getting this error when I compile the program.

The simulator screen comes up with the AppGameKit splash then it shows

Then it shows CA_UISoundClientBase::CA_UISoundClientBase
0x179fc6c: movl (%eax), %ecx
Quote: "Thread 4: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=2, address=0xO)"

I have changed this line

I have no problem with the windows T2 build.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 17:10
What version of AppGameKit are you using and where did you get the template that you started from?

Also, it might be your music or sound file. Will you upload it and we can test to see if it works in other versions of AppGameKit?

Also, showing the code you use to start the sound/music couldn't hurt.

Different platforms have potentially different issues with formats of sound/music files.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using the iOS template for v1076 I downloaded the MAC Zip. Started the Xcode iOs template from the project file. Added the debug and release libs. Added the location of the header files in the build settings. Made the change to agk::InitGL(self);. I am not loading any sound files. Made this change also.

and that is it. I have tried the current V108 beta 13 same issue.

I also noticed that there are a couple case sensitive errors for AGK.h which I changed to agk.h since that is how the file is named in the include dir.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 05:19
The iOS template originally delivered with v1076 doesn't work quite right (in fact none did). Which is why 'good' ones were created and the AGK Wiki Templates page was created. Try using one of the iOS templates from that page. The tweaked one has corrections for the AGK-iOS misunderstanding of the landscape orientations. One of the v1076 templates from the Wiki page might work better.

As for v10813, I was able to run the iOS and Mac templates pretty much as-is. The only change I made was to set 'Build Settings'->'Apple LLVM compiler..'->'Compile Sources As' as 'Objective-C++'. This clears up a lot of issues. And I used that in all AppGameKit versions in Xcode.

It is not impossible that that is related to your original error messages.

What version of Mac OS and Xcode are you using.

Quote: "The simulator screen comes up with the AppGameKit splash then it shows"

By 'simulator screen', do you mean one of the iPad/iPhone Simulators?

I was able to run the v1083 iOS Template in all the iPhone simulators (4.3 to 6.1) without any issues.

When trying with v1083, did you do the FacebookSDK fix (IDE/platform/apple/Social Plugins/FacebookSDK/Urgent_ReadMe_Now.txt)?

Also, when you went to v10813, did you create a fresh directory for it and start with the fresh template_ios?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 14:18 Edited at: 12th Jun 2013 14:19
I am running OSX 10.8.3 and Xcode 4.6

I will try the wiki templates.

Quote: "By 'simulator screen', do you mean one of the iPad/iPhone Simulators?"

Yes and I am running 6.1 for the simulator. Neither iPad/iPhone work.

Quote: "I was able to run the v1083 iOS Template in all the iPhone simulators (4.3 to 6.1) without any issues.

When trying with v1083, did you do the FacebookSDK fix (IDE/platform/apple/Social Plugins/FacebookSDK/Urgent_ReadMe_Now.txt)?

Also, when you went to v10813, did you create a fresh directory for it and start with the fresh template_ios?"

I did not try the facebookSDK fix.

I did not see a template for 10813 I used the prior template.
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I figured out my problem at least I'm pretty sure what the problem is.

I did not have an audio device plugged into the mac.

I connected my USB headphones and all is well. I'm not sure who to be frustrated with TGC or Apple. Apple I choose you.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 16:52
Glad to hear you 'fixed' it. Sounds like an Apple issue to me.

The Wiki page doesn't have v10813 because the templates provided with that download work just fine (once you set that one bit about 'Objective-C++').

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:54:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:54:11