Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 on Mac , Tutorial.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 09:03
so recently i have turned all my dev into a Mac Mini i just purchased.

first , i never liked Apple
second, kinda fell in love with Mac Mini ... wierd... but cool.

third... my GameBook ( Asus, 670 GTX, i7,8GB of Ram DDR3)
versus my Mac Mini (lowest Edition with an i5 and intel 4000 graphics)
WINS THE HELL OUT OF ASUS ... i dont know how but i get much smother FPS on my Mac Mini.... kinda wierd but .. im fine with it.

so , this tutorial will show you how to install Tier 1 + Ide + BroadCast abilities on any kind of Mac as long as it is an Intel Mac so the older versions of Mac will not do the job.

in order to Install Tier 1 on your Mac please follow this link:
it will explain everything. if you get to any kind of trouble please write it down here and i will explain what you need to do.
in this method any windows program should work on your Mac and also this is not a virtualization of some kind.. it works just like windows without the delay or FPS lost of virtualization, its pretty stable and if it crushes it will write you what happend .. and since MAc has a huge community you will get it to work. for me its pretty damn stable ,it broadcast just fine and everything runs above 60 fps.

http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

good luck if you have any questions , please let me know.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 09:04
and also , please follow the steps in the link as they are dont try to outsmart it , download all the apps it needs but install them in the correct steps it shows cause otherwise it wont work.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 11:04
one thin i found is that Ctrl+V dosent seem to work and crushes App Game Kit under Mac, so please be aware of it and until i'll find all bugs related please Save more often and excpect crushes.

Maybe TGC will do some considering in creating Tier 1 comptiable for Mac

CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 11:29 Edited at: 10th Jul 2013 11:50
Hi haliop,

I got AppGameKit working throught wine, I compiled and ran a test program successfully. The only problem is I can't close the test program. Hitting the 'X' to close the application doesn't do anything.

I had to force close the test application. After this I tried to reopen the test app, but it won't.

Have you had any of these issues with AppGameKit on Wine?

Edit
Never mind, I got it working witg PlayOnMac interface and after reinstalling AppGameKit

- CodeTrasher[b]
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 14:46

nope cant say that i had any problems with it so far...
but if you need to close apps you can go to the X on the bottom , the X 10 tool shows you all of you currently working Windows Apps.

LVNeptune
Years of Service
User Offline
Might be easier just to install VMware workstation...
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 20:22
Another option:

CrossOver also works--very well--for AppGameKit (including broadcasting). It is quite easy to use and doesn't require a Windows license. It is built on Wine.
CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 20:57
I don't need to use CrossOver right now, but I'll keep it in mind if I face problems with Wine I can't solve. So far Wine + PlayOnMac works perfectly, and I'm seeing hardly any lag compared to AppGameKit running on Windows machine
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 21:16
Cool, I'll have to keep that combo in mind.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:18:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:18:11