Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / need agk 107.7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have AppGameKit 107.6. I read on the What's New changelog that build 107.7 has commented out 'Failed to get OpenGL extension glBindFramebufferEXT' warning.

I'm getting annoyed by the 'Failed to get OpenGL extension glBindFramebufferEXT' dialog box. How do I turn that off?

AGK 108 doesn't work on my computer (I tried all the betas, I can install but never run the actual program--I get alot of OpenGL errors). 107 seems to be the most stable for my ancient XP and Vista laptops.

Go do that voodoo that you do so well!
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems like there are still some issues with running on Laptops with certain graphic chipsets.
This was talked about in this post
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197657&b=41
You might double check to see if you can get newer drivers that may solve the issue.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2013 15:28
the problem stays mostly with old Intel Chipsets on Laptop that do not support OpenGL 2.0.
The error on version 1.076 does not affect at all the working on Windows XP with the old chipset. Adversely, versions 1.08+ do not work at all with them. I do not know anything about 1.077.
I have an HP 6730s (dated back to 2009), I have updated the graphic drivers, without any success.
My single piece of advice is, when buying a laptop, avoid all Intel graphic adapters. Take only nVidia or AMD/ATI.
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought a Laptop in 2010 with both an Intel and ATI Video Card. AppGameKit works on ether card. I found that Intel did a better job with the OpenGL API than ATI as I was having issues with particles at the time.
That should have been fixed by now.
My take is that if the laptop is an older Core2Duo with Intel Graphics
AGK may not work on the system. If its the newer chips, i3, i5 or i7 with Intel graphics, AppGameKit should work on it.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2013 21:21
Maybe ATI could have some problems. Minecraft is very slow on my son's Windows7 netbook with AMD CPU + ATI card, while it is fast on the Intel CPU+nVidia card on the netbook of my other son.
Anyway, as far as I know, nVidia cards are the best and Intel are generally the worst. ATI are in the mid-way. Exceptions could always occur. Of course laptop with Intel graphics are less expensive...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 01:00:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 01:00:26