Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Well im kind of annoyed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 06:32
3D animation has been a long time coming, apparently.

But we now see on kickstarter at the $20,000 mark...

"Support for animated objects."

In addition, shaders are now part of 2D enhancements.

I would back AppGameKit if it didn't seem so sleazy.

I had hope, but i can't see it being fulfilled.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
These features aren't pulled out of thin air. Someone needs to code them which means someone needs to be paid to code them. This is just tgc's way of funding the continued development of AppGameKit, it's really not a big deal.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 09:58
well there is one more thing that upsets me is that i rad somewhere
the function folding and all tier 1 IDE based stuff is already available in Code Blocks... but for some reason TGC decided to remove it from the IDE ... and now they are saying if you backed us we will enable them... that sounds kinda fisshy to me... still love AppGameKit and TGC but that part is kinda wrong way of doing stuff..

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 10:42 Edited at: 29th Jun 2013 10:44
@haliop
the function folding and list was made for c syntax (i believe) , not for basic.
input this, you can see its not comment out

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 11:23
i have no idea or knwoledge about code blocks its just something i rad here on the forum if this is not true then i take back everything i wrote.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 11:58 Edited at: 29th Jun 2013 11:59
codeblocks is an open source ide they adopt to there own language .
That means they have to code Everything to work with there own language syntax and thats a huge work load.

And wargasmic ?
You have got more updates then you payed for as they released all beta updates for free when here where talks about charging for them.

I have used agk since its release.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 12:30
Originally 3D was going to be a paid add on for AGK. As satchmo said development has to be paid for. TGC are a very small team and generally run on a shoestring which has always impressed me. If you feel hard done by you should try working for them

There's no sleaze going on behind or in front of the scenes, I know from experience that TGC have high moral standards and push every penny they get to the limit. This funding is THE BEST thing that has happened to AppGameKit since it started frankly.

TGC also listen to their customers and if you feel you have somehow been cheated I am sorry you feel that way because that's the last thing TGC would want. Send someone an email and I'm sure you'll get answers and an honest response.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 12:33
Wargasmic, you're able in these forums to express your opinion and to start a discussion, but you're not entitled to use profanities against the AUP.

The way I see things at the moment is this...

AGK was released as a programming tool for cross-platform development with a lot of functionality, but not everything. People saw great opportunities especially as TGC alrady have DarkBASIC Professional with lots of functionality that could be ported across. TGC agreed, there's all sorts that can be done and have said that they would/will implement these things.

However, these things take time, effort and money. The nature of the audience here is that most users don't want to spend more to get more. They are spoilt by the outdated model that TGC have of giving all the core updates for free, for over 10 years. So how do you fund all these great ideas?

Not everyone will agree, but I think the crowdsourced funding is a good way to do this. It means that the people who can afford to invest more in their hobby/moneymaking pastime can do so at whatever level they are comfortable with, in order to receive the benefits of a better product. Those who can afford less can contribute less, but still make a sound investment in a cheap upgrade (£25 for V2).

In terms of what goes in to which goal, this is driven by the survey. You can't please all of the people all of the time, you have to canvas opinion and set the goals accordingly. I agree with Haliop, basic IDE functionality should be priority number one. But as it turns out, more people see this as a lower priority than I do. I don't want 3D, I want robust 2D but TGC already put 3D into the current version, but again that's just my specific needs. I'm still impressed that it's in there and drawing more users in. I got to give my opinion, and for that I am grateful.

I think that in October we'll have the same debates, but we'll be having it about a far superior AppGameKit thanks to the Kickstarter.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 13:22
for an hobbyst like me, 3D is of no interest.
3D games are too complex and time consuming in term of models to develop, animation, testing and so on. My only game was a Q*Bert clone with Dark Basic, but Q*Bert requires only cubes, sphere, and cylinders, and some textures to apply to, in addition to some trigonometry to set properly the cubes in the world.
Have a look at this link, it is no advertisement because game is not for sale.
http://darkbasicgames.altervista.org/qbert.html
Moreover there are shaders, terrains, lights, and each requires a lot of knowlodge. I see a lot of work here on 3D, demos, engines, but, as far as I know, AppGameKit 3D games have not yet been published, because it is not easy also for talented people like Cliff and others.
Not to talk about performance issues on mobile devices...
Other SDKs,much more expensive than AppGameKit, have not 3D support, because they recognize that it does not worth that, it is better to focus on 2D. I do not understand why a minuscule team as TGC decided to approach 3D before improving IDE, compiler, fixing bugs and adding useful features as tweening. It is incredible how they lost time in FreedomEngine, hoping that someone would have subscribed such a buggy and non-standard (WebGL based??? Why not HTML5???) coding platform before fixing things with AGK. I am Italian, and sometimes people of other countries say we are "sly" or "cheaters". Unfortunately our history have made this claim partially true. British people are known to be more honest and loyal.
I think that FreedomEngine is the exception in which TGC acted in "Italian way" trying to ask money for something that does not work, like selling the hen with the golden eggs that does not exist
I am joking of course, but ultimately the FreedomEngine adventure made TGC and us lose a lot of time.
Lesson learned: let's donate money because this is the only way to make TGC advance with AppGameKit, and let us not ask too much at this stage. I will be happy with a stable and trusted environment. There is no something similar to AppGameKit at the moment, this is a huge projects and they must be helped.
miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 14:40 Edited at: 29th Jun 2013 15:12
Hi community,

I am not really a community kind of person.
But I'd help someone troubled in the street.
Even if it meant endangering myself.
And I kinda' hope most people would.

I kinda' thought all future upgrades would be free.
But how the world is changin'.
I can live with that.
And I have a choice.

Something else.
What is a "Recognised Market"?
I published to Google Play and Amazon.
"Push" a 3d tetris game.
So it's not very good... So what?

So far I've bought everything TGC have offered.
Since 2004.
Must be careful here.
'Cause this community is very self-protective.

Give me the "Developers Badge".
Or redefine "Recognised Market" as "Recognised Market and if you Fit in"
If you agree I'll back Kickstart V2.
25 quid won't break the bank.

A cautionary end to this poem.
I have a sense of humour.
I could drop TGC like a brick.
Make ya mind up. Be quick.

miki. (in the end)

http://www.poormanmusic.com/community/

in the end
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 14:50
Quote: "for an hobbyst like me, 3D is of no interest."

Hi Marco,

I'm also a hobbyist; One that - at this point in my life - can only spend a small amount of time each week to actually sit down in earnest and code a few lines. That may sound more dramatic than I intend (I'm quite a satisfied guy, actually), but for me, the addition of the 3D command-set is very welcome. In it's current form, AppGameKit allows me to use my time very efficiently and produce great looking results at that. I think it is really commendable that TGC are catering to both the 2D and 3D (and hybrid!)-crowd and they have produced an amazing tool already.

While it is true that TGC had plans to expand on the current version of AppGameKit at no cost, I do not blame them for choosing another route. Like Batvink said, they are a small team that have to make strategic decisions to keep the company (and thus AGK) going. I honestly do not think they are un-sincere in their intentions. They are probably regretting the Freedom Engine-route they took some time ago. The Kickstarter-campaign will both expand AGK's footprint and it's functionality. This is one of the best routes they could have chosen imho.

(And, as a lighthearted side-note: I've visited Italy a few times and would not call your fellow-countrymen 'sly'. Most people I met were actually quite friendly and open. Plus: none have mastered the art of pizza-making more than you guys. There's got to be something good about a nation that can do wonders with only dough, tomatoes and balsamico).
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 15:44
Quote: "There's got to be something good about a nation that can do wonders with only dough, tomatoes and balsamico"

Sorry, "balsamico" (vinegar) on pizza seems very offending to me and to...pizza
I have never heard about that! Maybe you meant "olive oil"???
BTW, in order to know a country, you must live in, and generally, if you visit a country for few days, you catch better the positive sides than the negative. Japanese tourists in Rome could not share the same impression...
Anyway, I do not want to say that all Italians are bad, but considering that we have 4 kind of "mafia", we are in bad economical conditions, salary of workers are the lowest and salary of politicians, ministers and top executives are the highest in Europe, a lot of people are unemployed, lot of criminality, bureaucracy, inefficiency, roads in bad conditions, public transportation and trains overcrowded and old.
Seas are polluted and even our agricoltural products are poisoned by industrial wastes.
Our Prime Minister is taking order from "Mrs Merkel" and Euro Banks because we have been and we are still near bankruptcy...
Our best brains and scientists are going abroad...
Have I to continue?
I am not saying the other European countries are responsible of our problems, we are full responsible of our troubles.
So the tourists may and must continue visiting us, but they do not see the reality being in they golden cage.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 16:07
Well, you talk about pizza, and a real Napolitan answer!!!!
Ahaha, i'm from Naples and pizza is our product, none except us can master the pizza.

Anyway, i agree totally with Marco.
Italy is about to die, and of course, i will go away from this country too, and very soon.

Anyway, i follow TGC since much time now, i never posted in the early years, but i always read the community posts.
Well, the AppGameKit V2 can be paid with no problems, as the V1 was a good deal.

For me 3D is not important as 2D.
My 2 years statistics show that 3D game have to be really good to earn or they go down in the rankings at the speed of a lightning.
2D is fast, funny and a lonely coder can do some stuff all by himself.

Yes, i'm working very well on iOS, now i have much apps, but i work 18h a day.
2 days ago, i promised myself to get some relax, because i completed some games, but i started to work again for updates.....

Eh, so, i think that if you start a thing, it become a job, you want or you don't want it.
This is why i think they need our support, they work, they deserve money.

In the end, if you don't find it useful, you can search for another product on the net.
Sorry for my english!!

Long life to Steve!
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 17:00
Ah, I meant an ingredient we Dutch call 'basilicum'. It's a plant, definitely not vinegar. (Which would be pretty nasty indeed, on a pizza)

(Sorry for this completely off-topic post.)
wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 18:15
I understand that development costs money and I have no problem paying for it.

I also understand AppGameKit has already delivered more than what the original purchase was meant to include and I'm very grateful for that.

The thing that has annoyed me is that there have been posts on the forums of features to come, such as animated models, new shader commands and that work has already begun on maturing the 3d part of AppGameKit and a post asking the community to develop export tools for the 3D animation engine all without any mention of AppGameKit V2. If V2 had been mentioned before all this then it wouldn't have bothered me. But now some of these features are suddenly quite high up in the list on kickstarter (some of them not to come to fruition until 2014), so if the goals aren't reached we wont even see the features already discussed before V2 was even announced.

I'm very sorry for swearing in the title.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 18:16
Quote: "I meant an ingredient we Dutch call 'basilicum'"

Ah, now it is much better!!! My heartbeat returned normal.
Basilicum is fantastic, not only on pizza, but also on pasta: spaghetti with fresh tomato and basilicum are the top.
Let's return "on-topics"
Quote: "My 2 years statistics show that 3D game have to be really good to earn or they go down in the rankings at the speed of a lightning.
2D is fast, funny and a lonely coder can do some stuff all by himself."

I totally agree with xGEKKOx. 3D games are more about big software houses with a lot of resources. They are harder to develop for small team.
Moreover they take a lot of memory, hundreds of MB, and considering the Apple devices are limited to 16-32 GB, and they cannot be expanded, Android tablet can be expanded with external SD, but we cannot install app onto external SD, I think people prefer to download 2D apps, less hungry in term of memory.
Anyway, 3D is in and I do not think that TGC will remove it. Sometimes maybe useful to improve 2D games but...the priorities in my opinion are others.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 20:09
Miki, a short poem in response:

Please post a link dear friend
If your app is in a store
And please don't play the martyr
It really is a bore

I'll pin your badge on right away
I really hope it fits
Cos here there is no elitism
There are no favourites

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 20:39
Balsicum is Basil, in English.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 20:53
Dear Miki

What are you doing developing games?!
omg! you should go American Idol as the first Internet Poem guy! yeye D

miki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 21:02 Edited at: 29th Jun 2013 21:25
since when are martyrs boring?

---------------------------------

still can't see the badge!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=205514&b=48

mi' credit card's ready

Sorry that sounds rude.

kind regards,
miki.

I love basil.
here's a link to northern english pizza, as closing.
http://poormanmusic.com/egos/

in the end
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 22:00 Edited at: 29th Jun 2013 22:03
Quote: "3D games are too complex and time consuming in term of models to develop, animation, testing and so on. My only game was a Q*Bert clone with Dark Basic, but Q*Bert requires only cubes, sphere, and cylinders, and some textures to apply to, in addition to some trigonometry to set properly the cubes in the world.
Have a look at this link, it is no advertisement because game is not for sale.
http://darkbasicgames.altervista.org/qbert.html

Moreover there are shaders, terrains, lights, and each requires a lot of knowlodge. I see a lot of work here on 3D, demos, engines, but, as far as I know, AppGameKit 3D games have not yet been published, because it is not easy also for talented people like Cliff and others."

Sorry .. but you don't need to be a superman to make some correct stuff in 3D (except if 3D does not interest you ... and it's respectable). in 3D, (as in 2D), releasing a serious good game take a lot of time (gameplay,graphics,ergonomy, sounds, animations...). And i deeply regret that people think that 2D is so much easier to release because i see the quality of 2D games decreasing day after day. making a good 2D game is not as easy as you can think. And a lot of people often forget that before releasing their ..."games" to the stores.

Anyone can release a crappy 2D or 3D game. Here is not the goal. And there is no championship.

A Crappy 2D Game will fail.
A Crappy 3D Game will fail.

A Good 2D Game will succeed.
A Good 3D Game will succeed.

And look at the trend of the 21st century for video games .... a LOT of indie developers like to make 3D games and know how to code them (look at the DBPro, FPSC and also Unity3D communities). You can't ignore 3D actually. And AppGameKit, as a "little" (but very capable) engine, is the first 3D-enabled engine for cross-platforms at this price. But it asks for a lot of work .. and this is why other engines of the same "style" don't put their hands into ....

I really like 2D Games and i respect their developper's needs .. so please respect 3D developper's needs too. All the things will certainly arrive ... so be patient.

For me, the priority between 2D and 3D should be approximatively the same and shared (a little more for 2D due to the quantity of "2D Only" coders.. sure). But both are very important in these times.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 22:11
Quote: "still can't see the badge!"

Look again

Interesting game too

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 22:38
Quote: "I really like 2D Games and i respect their developper's needs .. so please respect 3D developper's needs too. All the things will certainly arrive ... so be patient."

Is there anyone that is not "respecting" your needs?
I am developing games since 1983 (you have read well) and I have a degree in Engineering and Computer Science, so I know about what I am saying.
And in fact so far I have not seen 3D games in the stores made with AppGameKit, while there are a lot of 2D games. We can be patient, but it is a fact, not an opinion, that a 3D game requires a lot of time, efforts and budget far higher than 2D game.
If you think that the quality of 2D games is not good, no problem. Maybe you are speaking about me, I am not offended
But there are some people here that make money (xGEKKOx, for sure), and they make money with 2D.
As soon as I will see some making money 3D game, made with AppGameKit, and working smoothly and fastly on all mobile device, I'll agree with you.
In the meantime, I am patient...
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 00:19 Edited at: 30th Jun 2013 00:24
Quote: "Is there anyone that is not "respecting" your needs? "

TGC yes they are respecting my needs and all other needs :p

Quote: "I am developing games since 1983 (you have read well) and I have a degree in Engineering and Computer Science, so I know about what I am saying."

Since 1985 for me (i'm 34) but nevermind. You can be a very good coder and game designer with few years of experience (the opposite is also true).

Quote: "And in fact so far I have not seen 3D games in the stores made with AppGameKit, while there are a lot of 2D games. We can be patient, but it is a fact, not an opinion, that a 3D game requires a lot of time, efforts and budget far higher than 2D game."

3D is in an earlier stage than 2D in AGK.. so it's obvious. some basic functions are missing (model animations). In 2D you have all the needed entities to make something clean without *almost* any limitation. And yes, 3D requires a lot of times and efforts .. but a 2D game too. A cool and clean and well made and well finished 2D Game asks for long hours of testing, adjusting, improving etc... still.. as a 3D game. Lot of coders think that a game like Angry Birds is almost doable by any 2D developper ... and also think "why i haven't thought about it before them ???" ... That's because a game is not only a lot of lines of code and sprites and physics ! it's also a state of mind (and i don't have it ... i have to confess lol). That's not a reason to think that other people can't create games for fun ... but to create a real "HIT", well made and well thought .. you have to think further and take some time (even for the most experienced coders/teams).

Quote: "If you think that the quality of 2D games is not good, no problem. Maybe you are speaking about me, I am not offended "

No reason to be Marco Seriously, in the TGC forums, we are saved from these Crappy games and you and others are doing a lot of cool games and things !!! i was talking essentially about several released games on the different stores (because before creating a game we want to sell, it's a need to check if there is a place for it (a sort of market research :p) .. so this time must be also take into account if you want to make cash).. and these games have very bad comments ... and are almost insulting (and it's regularly understandable)... And i can't imagine what the coder will think when he will read these comments :/ I only think that a little effort would be done before releasing anything to prevent this kind of reactions :p

Quote: "But there are some people here that make money (xGEKKOx, for sure), and they make money with 2D."

I know, and Gekko is doing very clean games and apps on iOS and Macs. But are they making so much money with their games ? each time i go to the several online stores to check some AppGameKit games and apps ... The statistics are rather .. poor. (Sells and even downloads for free games). That's why i think people must think twice and take the time before pushing the "commit my release" button

What is the most downloaded AppGameKit Game ? and how many ? ...

Quote: "As soon as I will see some making money 3D game, made with AppGameKit, and working smoothly and fastly on all mobile device, I'll agree with you.
In the meantime, I am patient..."

On this, yes, 3D is more greedy than 2D ... obviously ... you well never see all the mobile devices make a 3D game working smoothly. That is another debate :p

But give the time to TGC and AppGameKit to prove that it has a lot of potential for 3D

To finish, i'm not trying to give any lesson here. I'm not a professional game developper (however you can remove the word "game" . But i only know that even a 2D game needs a very lot of work to provide something good, clean, and fun for players all around the world. Creating good quality games can be a hobby ... but to sell a lot of copies .. you have to think further (like i already said.)

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 00:39
Quote: "Since 1985 for me (i'm 34)"

You are 34 and you have started in 1985??? So you have started at 6-7 years old! You are the Mozart of game programming!!! At 6 years (I am now 44), in the ancient 1975, I had by no means any idea about computers and programming!
Anyway let's see what TGC will take out from the hat! 3D is of course a very interesting subject, and no one wants to prevent TGC from releasing 3D commands and tools...I already donated for V2 and I WANT IT ALL (as the greatest Freddy Mercury sang sometimes ago).
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 00:48
Quote: "You are 34 and you have started in 1985???"

Yes, i have done my first "space invaders" game in Basic on a Videopac (Philips) ... and just after with a Amstrad CPC 464 lol (i wanted to do like my brother .. 6 years older lol) ...

Quote: "and I WANT IT ALL (as the greatest Freddy Mercury sang sometimes ago)."

Viva Queen !! :p
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 10:35
Quote: "Yes, i have done my first "space invaders" game in Basic on a Videopac (Philips) ... and just after with a Amstrad CPC 464 lol (i wanted to do like my brother .. 6 years older lol) ..."

Wow, I had an Amstrad CPC-464 too (all my friends had C64 at the time). I started programming around 6-7 years old too, but I'm still not a great programmer, but I don't mind. It's more like hobby to me.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 18:48
Quote: "Viva Queen !!"

And I WANT IT NOW...but I think we had to wait.

Quote: "and just after with a Amstrad CPC 464 lol (i wanted to do like my brother .. 6 years older lol)"

This forum is full of very early programmers. At 6 years I was busy learning how to read, write and do sums/subtractions, but I was able to recover
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have bought the community version of AppGameKit from day 1 for $78 and that lasted for 2 years. I would say the price was very fair, even if i released no app using AppGameKit and I made no profit.

Now the cheapest version of v2 costs £25 and I guess that would serve you a year or so.

The investment in AppGameKit is very minimal, even if you are a student and make no profit.

If you go out to dinner with a friend, you will have to pay more than that!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 03:36 Edited at: 1st Jul 2013 03:46
Well, i'm 36 since May and i started at 10 years old on C64, this is why i love 2D and the old style games.
All the times i seen in TV films like "Weird Science" or "War Games" i never thought "Wow i wanna play it", but i always thought "Wow if they done a game like this, i can do it too", and i done.
But developing for C64 and PC when i was a child, didn't make (for my father, i was too young) much money, because the piracy.
When i was 16, i released some School Programs, a program like 123 Lotus, a Soccer Manager...

This is the reason i port all the game i remember. Well, i know all games from 1985/1986 till i was 20 years old.
After, i had a different kind of life, girls (many), disco, stupidity, university, abandoned university (in Italy, IT is useless, as you never learn to code).....
Anyway...

Now i have to thanks Apple for the job they created for me in Italy (even if i will go away from here, and soon, to move in England or in Australia).

Well yes, i earn a lot now. Now we arrived to 180000 download. 100000 are the free with iAds.
Everyday we have about 3000 new downloads, is not very much but i found a method to get them regularly, so i can have a little stability to start a BIG GAME. This is my objective.

My secret is to do only 2D, and to do other easy apps while my graphic designers do their work.
We have a icon template, screenshot template and a site.
I also do some graphic by myself, i take care personally of the site, and of the marketing on the various forums. So you can understand i work much hours a day without pause for much months.
In 2013 i never stopped since january. Now i will pass July and August counting money ahahah...

Well, be optimist and all will go ok.

Some of my games are in the top 100 of some nations. Some other in the first 10.
But i miss China and Japan, and for this reason our next game (RPG) will be done in a manga 2D style.

Another suggestion i can give: is better you don't think too much on what to do.
Some times i earn much more from apps that i never thought they could earn.

Also i try to listen to all peoples in the streets when they talk, to take an idea to create an app.
Another suggestion is to update games when the download go down, and to pass to iAD and make them free when do nothing at all.

Recently i also done the connection to Apple from my server to check the In App Purchase, because the 90% of transaction are all false for the russian hack.
If you need the code i can give it, you just need a server (linux possibly), php and some patience.

All i can say is, believe in what you do.
I bought Poser 12 for my 3D designer, and he is learning how to use it.
You will see some new screenshot for the "Barbarian" clone that we called "There Can be Only One".
As you see, i read something somewhere, or i seen a sprite somewhere, and i decide to do it in less time than other can do.

Well i'm talking too much!! ahaaha
Don't wanna bother you!
But AppGameKit is perfect for 2D. For me is the best. (If Paul divide the LIBS is the maximum )

Edit : I forgot the most important suggestion, to run fast.
When you complete the first game, don't change totally the genre. Try to do another game that can use the 50% of functions you already done, and do other 50% new.
So the next game, will use the 75% of both, and so on...
You will arrive at a point that you already will have all the code to do new apps using the same code you already written.

Long life to Steve!
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering if I own AppGameKit will AGK2 be a free update?
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 05:59
Quote: "I was wondering if I own AppGameKit will AGK2 be a free update? "

I've been wondering this as well.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well yes, i earn a lot now. Now we arrived to 180000 download. 100000 are the free with iAds.

Everyday we have about 3000 new downloads, is not very much but i found a method to get them regularly, so i can have a little stability to start a BIG GAME. This is my objective."

Wow! Does that mean that you've had around 80,000 people purchase your paid apps? Or did you have promotions where you made paid apps free for awhile to draw more attention to them?

Either way it's very impressive to have 3,000 downloads a day. Congrats, you deserve a vacation
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 06:42 Edited at: 1st Jul 2013 06:43
Quote: "I was wondering if I own AppGameKit will AGK2 be a free update?"

No, the most affordable option to receive V2 would be to back the Kickstarter for £30 ($45).
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 14:43
Yes exactly. I have the database going veeeeeeeery slow now.
Infact i need a way to store all infos in a better way.

And we never done a campaign for advertising. We only publish on some forums.
Like Touch Arcade.... but touch arcade don't help much.
All the things together help : icon, screenshots, info, metadata, app name.

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 18:58:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 18:58:05