Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 20:54
Hello AppGameKit,

Are you planning something in order to use plugins, developped for example in C language ?

Regards,
Alain
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 21:23
Based on what I see in the Kickstarter goals, probably not.

But, in Tier 2, you can add all the compatible libraries you want.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be nice, but as Ancient Lady says, not in tier 1 I really must start looking into C++ one of these days.. But I love BASIC so much it is hard to make the leap!

Lost Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Plugins would be nice.

Quote: "It would be nice, but as Ancient Lady says, not in tier 1 I really must start looking into C++ one of these days.. But I love BASIC so much it is hard to make the leap!"

Same here. I find C unintuitive. I can look at a BASIC program and see what is going on. C programs look like somebody took a math book and shook out all the symbols - then dumped a Scrabble tile bag on top.

I actually took a semester long class in C a long time ago. I guess I could look at it again but... Later.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 20:26
But C and C++ are different. Sort of. C++ is the one that gives you object oriented programming.

Having said that, yes, it does look just about as you described it. One can try to make it more readable with meaningful variable and function names. But the syntax can take a bit of getting used to.

Here is an example I am using in my Tier 2 State Machine Demo writeup to show the difference between how it would be done in Tier 1 and Tier 2 (the example actually is used to illustrate why a state machine is needed in Tier 2, so don't try this by itself, unless you want your app hung).

In Tier 1 you can do something like this and easily get to the statement after 'endwhile' by touching the app:

But in Tier 2, the equivalent loop will be totally hung (note how relatively easy it is to convert Tier 1 to Tier 2):

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:34:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:34:25