Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Dvader's Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
New FPS Tutorial is now up!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2013 01:57 Edited at: 13th Sep 2013 14:15
I have part 2 of the FPS tutorial coming up. In part 2, I continue the program to include a randomly generated city to wander around. Expect it in a day or two! All in less than 200 lines of code!

Edit - Now available! Check out the first post!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No new Tutorials at the moment, apart from part 3 of the FPS tutorial that I need to do soon. Just thought I'd bump this up so peeps who haven't seen it yet, might spot it!

If anyone has a tutorial they would like to see post a suggestion, and I may just take you up on it!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 20:21 Edited at: 29th Dec 2013 20:24
New FPS tutorial up, part 3. It's been awhile but I haven't forgotten!

it is at 1080p so make sure you adjust youtubes settings if it is unreadable!

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 12:45
@ Dvader

hello. its been a while for me being on the TGC forum. My computer crash, had to buy a lower end computer and I lost my hobbies stuff like AppGameKit, like my game i was trying to code in AGK. I would like to know do you have any more AppGameKit videos in the making. I like watching yours to get idea and how to program certain things. I am going to have redo my game but this time i changing it and i gonna rewatch your agk videos.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Leo877. I haven't been doing too much with AppGameKit for awhile now, been playing with FPSC Reloaded. I'm not really sure what else I can do at the moment. I was thinking of doing a Flappy Birds thing possibly. Can't believe the hooha that went on about that when it was pulled! Still would be easy to do, and it grieves me to think I didn't think of it first!
Still, if I get an idea I will do more. They can be a lot of work though, and I don't really get many views for the time it takes. So it kinda discourages me from doing more I guess.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2014 21:33
@Dvader

Well that sound fun about FPSCR. I have been watching some of your new videos on utube. Well to hear that you haven't no more agk videos because no ideas is a bummer. I do enjoy rewatching agk videos you got. Those 2 or 3 video do give me ideas of different games of those tutorial. I would like to know if you have ideas on basic ideas of random AI ideas. Do you remember sometime back I post about spawning random ai. You post a code which work well put it spawn ai to fast. Well a couple nites ago I relook at hte code. And I found a new command called resettimer()... and I been placing it in different. In one spot, I got a result thats kind of closer to what I want.

I just want say thank for your videos of agk.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I've actually done 17 AppGameKit vids so far. I'll do more if I can think of a decent topic For altering AI spawn speed you just need to broaden the random range possible in the code. Although I can't actually remember the specific code I did offhand. I can certainly do a random spawning code easy enough. Making AI that is clever though, that is something else entirely!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:32:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:32:04