Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v10816 Edit Box Issue

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 20:40
I just posted a new Google List issue.

I'll repeat it here.

The primary complaint for issue #583 was fixed, not being able to move the input cursor.

However, as part of fixing the issue, two new ones have popped up in v10816 that appears to be specific to Tier 1.

1. Capitalization is broken. In order to get a capital letter, it is necessary to hold down the shift key while touching the desired letter.
2. The first use of an EditBox (in a Player) has a random error with how the input is processed. Most of the time, the first time the Edit Box is touched and starts accepting input, the cursor gets stuck on the left and the letters appear to the right of the curser, inserting at the beginning instead of the end. At some random point, the cursor starts moving and the letters entered appear to the left as they should.

Either issue is bad by itself. Together they make v10816 quite unacceptable for producing an iOS app.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 19:33
The edit box cursor bug was caused by me not resetting the editbox after an app is broadcast to the player and then returned to the standby page. The first app after the player is started should always work properly, then after that the editbox may malfunction if another app is broadcast, this is also why it doesn't appear in tier 2. This is fixed for the next version.

The capitalization bug I haven't seen, pressing the shift button on iOS (not holding it) toggles the button on the iOS keyboard and the next key I press is capitalized and the iOS keyboard toggles back to normal mode.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 20:23 Edited at: 30th Jul 2013 20:25
I am actually experiencing the capitalization issue in Tier 2 fully compiled and installed as well as Tier 1 broadcast.

Any time I hit the shift key, it briefly changes and the keyboard turns to capital letters and then it changes back to non-capital state.

The Tier 2 version of the code posted above (or the Tier 2 code listed in issue #583) can be used to show the issue in iOS.

EDIT: And the same Tier 2 (not using a Player at all) or Tier 1 code was usable to exhibit the cursor issue in iOS.

These are all purely iOS issues, none of the other platforms show it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 23:48
It appears iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.0.1 behave differently in this regard. I was testing on 5.1.1 and not seeing the problem but switching to a 6.0.1 device does display this problem. I have fixed it for the next version.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 00:56
Thank you.

I mistakenly let my iOS 5.0 device update and can't get back to it.

So, I was only testing on iOS 6.0 devices.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:14:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:14:06