Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d Map Maker / with example app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 15:43
Some of you may remeber that I was working on a 2d map engine. Although I have been away form the boards the project is well and alive. The post is too old to reply to. I see that many people are still interested in having a working example by the recent post in this forum. Though the Tile-engine will lend itself to RPG's and RTS's I realized that the code is too confusing to use as an example. So I scaled back the example program that uses the engine. The example program is now an Ant Simulation, (Adapted from Lamothes TOTWPG, With Tons of extras and AI learning algorithms.)
As far as the tile-engine component goes, It has been converted to DBP. It can handle TOP-down(rectangular),Isometric (diamond & staggered), Hexagonal type maps; with various sizes for tiles, and a dynamic world-size and layers. I have cut back on the actual tile graphics as it was taking to long to produce.

The Top-down (rectangular) component with the example is almost ready. I should have it completed in under a month. I have some bugs to work out with the ISO and ISOHEX components, but they shouldn't be too far behind. The final release will include all three neatly packaged, with the same Game example using all three types of maps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 13:40:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 13:40:22