Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer to retire within 12 months

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 17:57
Quote: "Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer is to retire from the technology giant within the next 12 months. Shares in Microsoft, criticised for its slow response to the booming market for mobile devices, leapt 9% on the news."

What!? no more of this...!?

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 17:58
Already linked this in the PC Thread ^^

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 18:09

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 18:30
I wonder how that guy ever got to be ceo AND stayed in that position as long as he has. MS has been on a decline since he took that position. They have 0 innovation and everything they do these days is trying to catch up on someone else's idea.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2013 19:02
Their best brand this side of the millennium has been the X-Box, and it shows in their financial strategies of late.

But in line with what you say, Phaelax, hardly anything new has come from them that impresses me. However, they remain in the top most financially stable corporations in the world.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 19:52
Was that video filmed on a potato? Why do people upload such bad quality videos? Plus that one was out of sync.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 22:48
Quote: "Was that video filmed on a potato? Why do people upload such bad quality videos? Plus that one was out of sync."

yeah most videos in that video is not at all from long ago.

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2013 17:59
Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer dances at tearful send off

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 30th Sep 2013 03:57
I saw this the other day. All I could think was "Thank God, someone competent will finally take over." Well, at least that's what I hope for, anyway.

I don't know why they ever picked him to be CEO when Good Ol' Bill stepped down.

If Blackberry dies this year, do you think MS will choose Thorsten Heins?

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2013 06:12

Wow, this kind of mega-corporation cultism is scary. The whole scene is eerily reminiscent of Orwell's 1984. I'm not specifically jabbing at Microsoft, this is not unique to them. Even if they were the perfect company to work for it would still be a disturbing scene.

Formerly OBese87.
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2013 08:16
That is a scary video

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 01:16
The video has been removed??

creamtown
Years of Service
User Offline
Even without him, Microsoft can still be a money-printing company besides Apple. I think this company adopts the Trojan system in their business. Nokia is their recent victim.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 20:44
I heard he was firing managers who were rising the ranks too quickly for fear of being replaced by them. He essentially sabotaged the company for his own personal gain.

"everyone forgets a semi-colon sometimes." - Phaelax
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 03:38 Edited at: 24th Oct 2013 03:42
I found the creepy cult video again.

Formerly OBese87.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 11:32
Good grief, lol. It is nice to have a nice variety of management styles but this bakes the cake. It's like some kind of religious convention.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 09:04 Edited at: 25th Oct 2013 09:08
Quote: "I heard he was firing managers who were rising the ranks too quickly for fear of being replaced by them. He essentially sabotaged the company for his own personal gain."

Got a source? That sounds like a lot of hooey.

Quote: "It's like some kind of religious convention."

Are you serious? So many of the companies I've worked for had conventions like that, and it looks like Ballmer had a lot of employees that respected him. I don't understand the hate.

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 09:18
Quote: "Are you serious? So many of the companies I've worked for had conventions like that, and it looks like Ballmer had a lot of employees that respected him. I don't understand the hate."

It has the look and feel of a Communist rally. Do they really respect Ballmer or are they just playing along because that's what they are expected to do and they don't want to look disloyal in the eyes of the almighty company (praise to the company, the greatest company in the world)?

Formerly OBese87.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm with Jeku, I don't see the problem. It looks like a laugh.

They see me coding, they hating. http://indi-indicium.blogspot.co.uk/
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 14:57
I agree with Jeku, it's really creepy.

Your erased has been moderated by signature.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 15:18 Edited at: 26th Oct 2013 15:28
Quote: ""It's like some kind of religious convention."

Are you serious? So many of the companies I've worked for had conventions like that, and it looks like Ballmer had a lot of employees that respected him. I don't understand the hate."

I do not hate Mr. Ballmer, a year of professional fairwells are at least what he deserves for all of his hard work in perhaps one of the most toughest respected jobs in the software development industry; for me to hate such a person would be unreasonable; and it is always nice to have a fun party. I have supported Mr. Ballmer for ever Microsoft product I ever purchased for decades.

But I agree with Libervurto, I'd be shocked if half of those people would turn up if they were not paid or had where prompted that they 'should' attend .

Not my cup of tea really; I would not have turned up, it is way too over glorified for me; but for you it is your cup of tea; or coffee or what ever you drink; no big thing, some people think it is cool, some do not.

I know people will want to shoot me or hang me for saying these kind of things; but I cannot apologize for reflecting my impression of event; who knows perhaps Mr. Ballmer will return to Microsoft for some part-time work; oh.. 'Hello again Mr. Ballmer'

Quote: "
I agree with Jeku, it's really creepy."

It wasn't Jeku who thought it was creepy lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 18:35:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 18:35:24