Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does iTunes Connect hate just me or is anyone else having problems?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 21:52
I have been trying to create an entry for my almost complete WIP in iTunes Connect and it positively hates me.

It keeps timing out and getting hung and losing all the information I enter. Or it has some server error on submitted data and dies altogether.

I got so far as to be adding the screen shots and then it hung, with the spinning wheel on almost the last one I was loading. I tried the submit button, just in case it actually had kept something and it came to the timed out session page, for the umpteenth time!

When I tried to log in yesterday it told me it was down for maintenance.

What do you want to bet that the 'maintenance' really broke something?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 22:56 Edited at: 5th Sep 2013 22:59
You're not alone. Itunes Connect has been a mess for at least a week, I even had problems when I was trying to update an app a few weeks ago (after they came back from the month long hack incident). Twitter is currently running rampant with people being unable to update or submit new apps through iTunes Connect, with more reports each minute. I saw it was down unexpectedly "for maintenance" a few days ago, too.

I'd of course suggest that you type up all the meta data and save it in a local text file, so at least it'll be easy to copy and paste into the fields when iTunes Connect finally decides to cooperate. I'm looking forward to your WIP!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 23:03 Edited at: 5th Sep 2013 23:08
I have long been in the habit of keeping things like app meta data in a file for copy paste. It comes in very handy.

Okay, so my being able to publish by next month (assuming I finish all my levels) is now hostage to Apple.

Then maybe the Android version will come out first.

A bit of a teaser for the WIP:

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow that looks awesome!!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 23:28 Edited at: 5th Sep 2013 23:29
Thank you (I think that field is somewhere in level 4).

The various people who have tested it (ranging from about 11 to 75 in age) have all seemed to enjoy the game play. Lots of swearing, laughter and 'Oh No!!'s.

My hubby is hoping that it sells well enough to support his ability to retire and become a professional wild life photographer.

I have hopes that it will at least do well enough to pay for all the hardware and licenses (Apple) that we've invested in to do serious app development.

EDIT: I use Blender to create 3D objects and then take snaps for the 2D sprites.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2013 00:12
Very nice! I hope you (or Apple, probably) will be able to sort out the iTunes-stuff. My boss was kind enough to provide me with an iPad for BYOD-tests in my company, so I might be able to actually play it in the future!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2013 00:23
Thank you.

Since the Netherlands is in the set of places that Apple will collect and handle any sales tax (VAT), so the app will appear there for whatever the equivalent of 99 US cents is in Euros.

With the help of others in this site, I was able to fix things that were in my way (like limited speed). I think the app will be fun (I hope).

(I lived and worked in Den Haag, right across from the War Crimes Tribunal place, for four years and enjoyed my time in the Netherlands.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2013 01:12
You are very welcome. I'm certainly interested in your game, since I suspect it will be a powerful example of a Tier 2 AGK-project, with innovative mechanics to boot.

(Nice to hear you enjoyed your time in Den Haag btw I actually know the place you mention. The Netherlands is quite a small country, but I always hope it is welcoming to people from other parts of the world).
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:24:27