Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 108 could make Apple Rejection!!!

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 07:24
There is something called changeState that don't pass the validation while uploading.
I switched to 1076 (again).
I think is something related to Facebook or AdMob.
Please make the 108 Super Light, or AppGameKit for iOS is really hard to get to work.
We also need the 64-bit version of the LIB for iOS 7.

Long life to Steve!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
xGEKKOx I uploaded an app to apple last night and I didn't get that changeState issue. I didnt get any errors. Are you sure you are using the current lite version? The lite version has no Facebook support.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 15:36
I'm talking of IOS 6 / IOS 7!!!! No developer is supporting < 6.1 (in 2 months 96% users will have iOS7)
Use 108 / 108 light + admob and validation go bad!!
Believe me.

Long life to Steve!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
xGEKKOx The app I submitted was for IOS 6.1 using 108 lite Beta 17. I got no warnings/errors. Are you sure its not something else that you have included into your project that is causing the issue?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 16:53 Edited at: 20th Sep 2013 16:55
No, i've just removed 108 and admob and it was accepted when i wrote the post...
To release for iOS 7 you need to remove all deprecated and NON PUBLIC (as the validation say when i add 108 + admob).

AdMob is the only thing of AppGameKit that remain in my project.
The sales lowered down of 80%, and the next week i will start to release only for iOS 7.
If AppGameKit don't do the update i will start to develope an engine, the same as AppGameKit do, but only for iOS.
Sorry TGC Team, but you are too late.

Long life to Steve!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
xGEKKOx I don't understand what you mean by the sales lowered down of 80%. What sales, and what has that got to do with your submission error?

I also don't understand why you are the only one reporting issues with the current IOS lite projects. I have multiple apps released using AppGameKit 108 without out any of the issues that you seem to have.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 17:53 Edited at: 20th Sep 2013 17:54
I mean my sales... as the old apps don't work on new iOS 7. 50% crash or coordinates completely different.
????
If your apps don't work, you don't sell, obvious no??!!

Because i'm the only one developing hard (advanced coding with OBJ C) on iOS 7 on this forum.

With the arrive of iOS 7 you need to force the update of all apps.
But TGC never look at Apple, this is why i wanna start my engine. If TGC is busy on V2, is impossible to wait they do an update.

Edit : TGC, the accelerometer is deprecated, you need to change it with CoreMotion.

Long life to Steve!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 19:16
We are not currently developing with the iOS 7 SDK as I cannot see anything in it that we would use, we are still using the iOS 6 SDK and targeting 5.1.1 for maximum compatibility. Once XCode 5 and iOS 7 have proven to be stable then we will make our way towards it.

I would be surprised if iOS 7 broke existing apps as they would fragment a large portion of their app store. We will test our apps and if there are incompatibilities in AppGameKit then there may be a case for upgrading sooner, otherwise if it ain't broke don't fix it. For now we recommend using AppGameKit with the iOS 6 SDK.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 21:20
Yes in fact i'm using iOS 6.1 but as you know, if all users pass to iOS 7, it's a big problem for developers like me.
Paul have you tried to upload with 108 + AdMob? try it and it will be not validated.
At this moment only 107 work with iOS 6 & iOS 7.

The Accelerometer is deprecated in 6.1 yet.
Is useless to fix it on 5.1, only 2% of world users use it.

I don't undrestand... believe me, 50% of my apps don't work. And you know i have much apps, so the statistic can be real.

Long life to Steve!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 21:29 Edited at: 20th Sep 2013 21:31
I have personally submitted AppGameKit apps to iTunes without any issue using 108, including just a few weeks ago. Many others have done the same. I also use Admob in mine without issue, but I did update the Admob package to the latest version in IDE/apps/interpreter_android_prebuilt/libs.

Since my apps recently have been Tier 1, I use interpreter_ios as a base. I'm not sure who has tried to release a Tier 2 app through Xcode (AL will be doing so soon I think).

When you say your apps "don't work" what happens exactly? Do they just crash? I think if you could post the crash logs it may be helpful for Paul and others to troubleshoot. I have not yet tested any AppGameKit apps in iOS 7.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 02:04
Hi xCept,
i uploaded my last app for iOS 6 / iOS 7 12 times yesterday night (italian time) before i understand it was the 108 + admob.
Don't know what Apple added to the filter of validation, don't forget 18th iOS 7 came out, so new rules!!!

Some just crash, some don't show things.
The only thing i'm sure, the validation process find something in AppGameKit or AdMob, don't know which one...

Another thing is that if you wanna release app only for iOS 7, you can't with AppGameKit because the ARMV7 & ARM64.

Today i found some solutions to many problems.
I coded a new way to create a permanent ID for users (as you know from iOS 6 you can't), and i'm porting all in Obj C....

Screen coordinates are not the same for UI Elements, so if you design something for the iOS 6, the iOS 7 users will see it arranged randomly ahaaha.... well there is nothing to laugh, i know, but i never surrender.

I can give a suggestion:
If you have custom UI Elements (i swear you all never used Obj C), anyway, if you have, port them to the standard, so on the iOS 7 will show as FLAT design.
If you use custom backgrounds or custom images, or custom colors in iOS 6, you will show a completely wrong design!!!

Be careful!!

Long life to Steve!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 02:11
I agree with paul... if it isn't broke DONT FIX IT!

and don't be soo concerned about everyone diving into the newest iphone....the hype is past gone (my opinion).

id be more focused on the bigger user base which is going to be on the older phones.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 02:31
xGEKKOx, you have already updated your Xcode and devices and that might be part of why things don't work the old way.

Personally, I am going to wait quite a while before changing my devices to iOS 7. I had a real painful experience when iOS 6 came out and I had to update all my devices and Xcode just because one device did it automagically and Xcode would no longer recognize it.

Quote: "(i swear you all never used Obj C)"

Very probably true. Many of us who got into AppGameKit didn't or don't have Macs at all and have never worked with it.

I am learning it and how it works with AppGameKit (having found how to fix some things). But I still let AGK's code handle the display/device inputs, etc.

You do a lot of Objective C stuff on top of the core AppGameKit libraries. And I wonder if some of your customizations are what might be causing you some of your troubles between your existing apps and iOS 7.

Apple cannot assume that everyone is going to jump on the wagon with iOS 7 (I already told it to shove off on one of my iPads) and to make it so that iOS 7 devices can no longer work with iOS 6 or iOS 5 apps would be shooting themselves in the foot. They can't possibly expect every developer out here to rebuild their apps for the new iOS. There are just too many. And that would be just plain too arrogant.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 02:51
Well, i wished users would remain on iOS 6, but is impossible...
They done iOS 7 to force the users to update.
I update all my apps to raise my earning of 300% in 2 month before Christmas come.

All depend if you do this for job or for passion or in the spare time.
I code to earn with passion!!

So the next time someone ask me how i can earn with coding on Apple, well, you can understand how.

Anyway, for the Xcode part, i spent 1 afternoon to see all the new things in Xcode, i don't like it, i liked the 4.5, but i used some of its new features to solve some problems of compatibility between AGK/iOS6/iOS7, so for the moment is good.

This night i will code the Bluetooth connection for some of my apps.
Go go go !!!!!

Long life to Steve!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Paul have you tried to upload with 108 + AdMob? try it and it will be not validated.
At this moment only 107 work with iOS 6 & iOS 7."

xGEKKOx That's not true, if done correctly it will validate. I have done so (on the 19th), and so have others. 108 works with at least 6.1 (I don't have the latest Xcode so I cant test it with IOS 7 yet).

I don't get why your obsessed with releasing apps that only run on IOS 7. Doing that will exclude other IOS devices that don't support it. Releasing apps for an 6.1 or below wont mean that those apps wont appear on the IOS 7 app store. Apple would be stupid for doing that.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 04:22 Edited at: 21st Sep 2013 04:25
Lol!!! You are hard!!!! i've send the last "Sphinx Slot" archive 20 September at 6:00 o' clock in morning!!
NOT VALIDATED!!!!!

The only thing that help me is to use again 107...
The only thing i don't know is which one of the 2 LIB has the "changeState:" NON PUBLIC API that Apple notify to me.

That's all.
No obsession, i avoid all issues in a fillip!!
I don't know how you uploaded your apps, if Accelerometer is deprecated from iOS 6.
I changed the Template using CoreMotion for accelerometer delegate.
Maybe you don't use Obj C at all or you use the standard AppGameKit template.

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 05:21
Quote: "Maybe you don't use Obj C at all or you use the standard AppGameKit template."

Sort of. As I already said, I haven't tried to play with the Obj C part of the templates (that I had a small part in making work properly through testing and examining the Obj C interfaces with the core AGK).

I have my own template.cpp/.h that I use as a base on top of the AppGameKit libraries and iOS specific files.

Basically, for everything I've needed so far, the stuff done by AppGameKit covers it and I've felt no need to monkey with something that is working (and I am working in Tier 2).

I am in the tail end of level building for my WIP (some 45 .cpp/.h pairs of files, not counting template.cpp/.h) and then I will attempt my first publish.

Once I have that commitment out of the way (and stuff being done for clients), I can spend some time working on Objective C. I've never had issues working with new-to-me computer languages (I pick them up quickly, unlike people languages).

Apple may prefer using CoreMotion (sdk?) over older accelerometer interface. But I'm guessing it is still talking to the same hardware. And, as previously stated, I don't believe they are going to drop all the apps from the store if they are not rebuilt to the new iOS 7 standard. If iOS 7 won't play the old apps then they are totally ignoring that backward compatibility is an important thing for good customer loyalty.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 08:25
Well, in the end, AppGameKit accelerometer doesn't work on iOS 7 / iOS 6, so it must be fixed.
I never used it, so i just remarked the lines of the delegate.
But i added to it the CoreMotion to be ready.

After 6 hours of work i just completed the Bluetooth communications and data transfer between devices with Obj C. Wow, another app updated and improved!!!

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 17:02 Edited at: 21st Sep 2013 17:03
The accelerometer works fine in iOS 6. I have three iOS 6 devices to test on and my WIP and accelerometer tests work fine.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 18:56
I'm testing into this moment uploading the 2nd app i updated with AdMob + AppGameKit Lite...
I will inform you if it work...

Long life to Steve!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 20:35 Edited at: 21st Sep 2013 20:44
This is the problem, i confirm AppGameKit + ADMOB, i switch again to 107!!!

I searched all the Project and i never used a selector called changeState:

If i mix Includes from 108 with the AGKLib 107 can i use MemBlocks?
I see Xcode don't fire errors....

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 21:18
Quote: "If i mix Includes from 108 with the AGKLib 107 can i use MemBlocks?"

No. The functionality is in the link library. Using headers for things not in the library linked to will not work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2013 22:01
I've not heard of the changeState API call before, and a quick search doesn't show it in any of the AppGameKit files so I'm not sure where it's coming from.

If you want to remove the AdMob lib I gave some instructions in another post on how to do it here
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 02:41
Ok i will test it again this night with this trick to see if the validation see the error again.
Some hours of work and we will know.

Long life to Steve!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2013 21:17
Ok i uploaded the 108 with ADMOB trick by Paul and all is fine.
The problem of rejection on validation is in the AdMob LIB.

Please Paul, remove the AdMob from the Lite version.
Anyway i will continue to use the fake declaration as it works good.

I think they wanna remove it from iOS 7, so it's deprecated from iOS 6.

Long life to Steve!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
xGEKKOx my app using 108 lite with AdMob was released without issue on Friday. The current 108 lite is fine to release on IOS (at least with IOS 6.1 anyway).
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2013 05:23
Sorry when i upload the AGKLib Lite + AdMob give the error i written to Paul.
Using, instead, his trick on implementation of GADBanner all goes fine.

Is important Paul know if there will be something deprecated that can be rejected as on iOS all is changing and all developers will be forced soon to use all the same iOS.
Already 72% of users had updated to iOS 7.
The fastest update in the Phone history!!!!

Long life to Steve!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
So if we release an ios app with the latest version of AppGameKit (NOT lite), will it get rejected because of Admob?

Did maybe Admob fix their lib and can AppGameKit be updated so that there are no problems? it would be really annoying to wait 1 week for Apple to review your app and then have it rejected for something out of your hand!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2013 03:11 Edited at: 30th Sep 2013 03:12
@BJAdams, I think Gekko is still the only person who is seeing these rejection notices. I and many others have submitted iOS apps recently with 108 Beta and it goes through fine, at least in Tier 1. Also, the rejection notice Gekko mentioned would appear immediately after trying to submit it so you'd know right away.

You can replace the files in IDE\platform\apple\Source\Social Plugins\GoogleAdMobAdsSDK with the latest Admob iOS framework from Google's site to ensure you have the latest version.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2013 20:57
Anyway i'm working to update my apps!!!
And for the moment with the GADBanner declaration trick all is fine.

Apple have too many bugs at the moment with the server, iAD and in app purchase.
Some things doesn't work, so it is really hard to understand what work and what not.

Sure i'm using only iOS 6.1 -> 7 framework.

Long life to Steve!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2013 21:40
I definitely don't recommend updating your Xcode or iOS at this point.

Someone else already discovered that AppGameKit won't compile/link with Xcode 5. Apple hosed us up just a bit on that.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
That doesn't sound good I updated to Xcode 5 spontaneously some time ago but never tried anything with it yet, especially relating to AGK. I planned on updating my iPad to iOS 7 this week, but don't want to be shut out from developing or testing apps on iOS 6.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2013 23:57
This is the forum post about Xcode 5 and AGK.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 03:23 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2013 03:27
Yes but if you wanna release for Apple, is better you update all.
Or you will not be informed on which functions and method will be deprecated.
And believe in me, from now until Christmas, much iOS 7.0.x will be released.

Anyway, at least for developers, iOS 7 is great!
Sales grown up again of 60% (so i'm losing -20%) and i'm going to update my 12th app.
And the reason is the APP STORE returned like in the iOS 5!!!!! Vertical!!!
I'm about to release the update of the most famous apps, so i'm again on the wave!!!
So i expect to raise the double as i told!!

Now i'm working on Hack Online, and i'm introducing all the things the users asked for.
On iOS 7 will be a great download app.

iAD and In App Purchase today returned to work.
iAD are now much more!!!! A tons of ads are showing.
So i'm very happy.

But i hope TGC will update AppGameKit 108 for iOS 7 deprecations.
Please TGC do only the LITE Version (don't work for nothing, ios will update several times)!!!!

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:18:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:18:25