Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3 things I'd like to see before AGK V2 [for TGC]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 08:34
I am not a V2 backer, and as I paid for AppGameKit v1, there are some thing that I'd really like before you release then final version.

1. Higher res default font.
I don't own any font packs, and the current default font is terrible. So a better default font would be great!

2. IDE enhancements.
I know this was planned, but seems to have been dumped in favour of AppGameKit v2
What I'd really like is collapsible code. This should be quite simple for you to add shouldn't it?
after all, Code::Blocks already has support for it (Try typing a '{' and see).
The auto-complete and indentation would be nice as well

3. ???
You know, I actually can't think of anything! Sure there are a hundred commands I'd like, but nothing really stands above the rest.

formerly MissJoJo - Audacia Games
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 10:16 Edited at: 25th Sep 2013 10:17
It is very easy to create custom fonts, many free tools exist including some made specifically for AGK. Take a look at this one for instance:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189225&b=41

It's then a matter of setting it via SetTextDefaultFontImage(), or SetTextFontImage() if you wish to use a different font for a particular text object. You set the size, position and everything as usual, but may need to adjust the letter spacing using SetTextSpacing() depending on the font image characteristics.

For IDE enhancements, Paul recently made the source code available for anyone wishing to tackle it. However, other members have also done well making much richer editors compatible with AppGameKit, including Sublime (my personal favorite editor). http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=206696&b=48
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 10:31
I have used the font tool, and it seems to create quite low quality fonts. I've used different resolutions and such, I can't seem to get it work work very well...

I've tried Sublime editor, and it'd be great if it was customised to AppGameKit, but being a 'hack job', it doesn't work the best.

I'll look at the IDE source though and see what I can do with it

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 18:03
There is another whole thread dealing with what someone wants in the IDE, specifically talking about code folding.

And, as a result, the code for the IDE has been made available for editing.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 20:42 Edited at: 25th Sep 2013 20:43
Quote: "I have used the font tool, and it seems to create quite low quality fonts. I've used different resolutions and such, I can't seem to get it work work very well..."

As long as you are using the Text() command and not Print(), and have properly loaded and configured the custom font, it will be very high quality. I created a quick example with a custom font to show you. See attachment.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2013 09:31
That's coming out way better than my try did!
I'll experiment with it a bit again then and see if I can get it to work better

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2013 21:51
Yea Bunny, I made a post as Lady was so kind to put up a link too about code folding as well.

I have contacted a few people in the industry that make IDEs for various languages and pointed them to Paul's Code for AGKs present IDE.

Here's hoping one of them picks up the ball and runs with it.

I myself would be willing to pay up to 30 bucks for a good IDE. 20 would be better , hint hint to those developing the next IDE AppGameKit v1.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 02:48
I've thought of no.3!

3. Physical volume controls fixed (Android platform specific)
With the beta versions of AppGameKit, the volume buttons don't work (they did/do with 1.076). around 25% of my complaints for my apps are based on this problem.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 05:11
There was a post recently about that and Paul showed the line to add to the Android specific file (jni/main.c) that fixed the sound. This might help you as well.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 06:27 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2013 06:28
There's gotta be a simple way to change the matching brackets for function folding.

If you're wanting a quick and easy way to display text for feedback purposes during testing or whatever, my function might help you out with that.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=205111&b=6

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 10:18:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 10:18:28