Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2014 09:58
I like the rainbow dash one. I might drop some more of my pony art here too when i finish it.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2014 20:38

All your TGC are belong to us.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 03:27 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 03:28
Hey Happy Rarity day everyone! I would post a pic of rarity but i am too lazy to choose what to post so ill leave it up to you guys.

Yeah very unthoughtful of me since Rarity is my favorite maine 6 especially after insparation manefistation episode

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 11:52 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 22:23
*** removed broken image ***

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 18:23 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 18:44
^aw your pic is broken i cant see it for some reason.
asnyway this has a lack of rarity in it but ti thought the armored tortoise buggy was cool

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 20:34 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 22:23
I hate broken images. Here another try.

I don't like to upload everything on TGC because when I imagine what mess of stupid pictures has been uploaded here, I don't want to push another brick in the wall of junk.

*** removed broken image ***

P.S. Эй, ПАГАН, держи поржать: http://fantasy-proda.livejournal.com/135335.html

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 21:09
yeah i usually link the images instead of uploading them or i upload them to imigur (easier that way for me) and link them here and you image is still broken.

P.S. Начал читать, уже ржу

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 22:22 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 22:28
И в третий раз закинул старик невод... на fastpic.ru

UPDATE нужно больше проды про поняш!!! ахахах /)^3^(\

Quote: "Он падал очень быстро и у него было такое чувство, что сейчас он сделает какое-то подобие Радужного Удара, только не из радуги.
– обгадится от собственной крутости?"

Блин, больше у них нету

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 00:17
You know for that kind of pic, it really suits the facial expression that you could only get it to upload for the third time lol

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 00:35
Quote: "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

Your Huge Cattle: Hatred isn't Evil

This post is highly relevant

Flash is falling out of... Flashion.
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 01:25
It was the crossover of Rarity and Squidward

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 02:01 Edited at: 7th Aug 2014 02:44
YES! i knew there was something familiar about it.

now this might be offtopic. but this gunship sketch i drew is for a Pony fanfic i am writing so i am walking a thin line here.

need to think of a cool name and suggestions to make it more scary-looking

I was thinking Vanguard-12 (V-12) but there is already aircraft called vanguard in "Crimson skies" My next idea was UTAG-12 (i like the number 12) Universal transport/assault gunship. Stalker is also a cool name for it because looks scary.

If you are curios, my fanfic takes place 70 years after the events of the show and this gunship was engineered by the gryphons.
and i am still just working on the first chapter.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 05:55
Squidity is best pony

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 16:28
Spike is the best pony

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 21:12 Edited at: 7th Aug 2014 22:01

pedalcopter is the best pony!

hmm maybe i should make a more realistic looking 3d model of the pedalcopter too. Dich the pink and the heart shapes, add some machine guns and missiles to that thing and it will look awesome. like a light attack helicopter.

Update:
Couldnt resist

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 02:14
Here, you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.shapeways.com/discover/superfanart?li=curatedfootermlp

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 04:09 Edited at: 8th Aug 2014 04:13
I was at BronyCon! Frikkin' awesome as always! The panel I did was successful, over 800 people showed up. It was a pony themed jeopardy quiz show.

This is me:

In case anyone was wondering, the two stickers on the left side of my laptop say: "National Security Agency Monitored Device" and "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life"

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 22:40

I know i keep saying that i am writing a fanfic but in reality i am still trying to get the feel of the style and the setting and the type of beings that populate my story. I do more art than actual writing for now.

Anyway this changeling convict terrorist mercinary sabotuer is supposed to be my main charecter. His name is Dead-Eyes

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Guns and ponies don't mix.

Willing to be hired as a voice actor for work and to put on a resume.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 08:52
3D printing ponies; I am surprised none of y'all bronies liked that idea.

But hey, I myself am not a brony so what do I know?

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 16:35
Quote: "Guns and ponies don't mix.
"

Yes they do. The fandom spawned an entire fan-universe called Fallout Equestria.

As for 3d ponies- i think the idea is really cool if i had a 3d printer

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 21:04
Quote: "if i had a 3d printer"
No no no this link I posted a couple posts up:

http://www.shapeways.com/discover/superfanart?li=curatedfootermlp

There ye go.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 23:15
so you design a 3d pony and sell the design to those with printers?

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 16:54
If I'm not mistaken people can sell their 3d models as actual 3d prints through that website. So you can just go to their shop and order a figurine.
That looks pretty cool actually! I didn't even know Hasbro did something like that. Then again they already sell selected fanart as T-Shirts via WeLoveFine so it's not too far off I suppose.

Quote: "SuperFanArt grants the passionate and talented Hasbro brand fan base a license to create exciting new art and product offerings, and Shapeways brings the products to life with 3D printing."

Try saying "Hasbro brand fan base" fast 5 times.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2014 21:23
Thats cool! I dont collect figurines but if i manage to make a 3d version of an OC i am currently drawing, i an definatley ordering a figure.. or a 3d printer

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2014 03:12
Incoming spam of cute comics. All created by this guy: http://doublewbrothers.deviantart.com/

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2014 06:36
Those were some of the most HILARIOUS pony comics i ever read

you know i realize that these are satire making fun of the show in a way but i wish the actual show was like this. I just really feel like the show is loosing a ton of humor and satire potential by being a childerens show. The least they could make is a knockoff parody show for older target audience. Something like Robot Chicken, maybe a short animated skits based on the kind of web comix you just posted.

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2014 01:10 Edited at: 24th Aug 2014 02:05

everyone should watch this series here. The quality at the start is kinda crappy but like with everything it gets better

but even tho the quality is sub par the style and the humor are awesome

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 22:56
Hasbro starting to sell hardcovered comic books. I wonder if they will be at Capital of the Evil Empire?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 11:38

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linux Torvalds
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 17:13
Hypothetical question:
If Canterlot was for some reason destroyed in a nuclear blast during a war or something. What would be the most likley new look for New-Canterlot/Canterlot-II be? Like architectual style?

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 22:13 Edited at: 29th Sep 2014 22:14

Thought this was relevant. [edit] Gross, I just saw the end after posting it. PG-rated.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 00:03
Oooooooooooooooooooolllllllllddd

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linus Torvalds
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 04:59
Someone spammed me with it on Skype so I assumed it was fairly new.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 18:08 Edited at: 30th Sep 2014 18:09
@Seditious

I like offending people. People who get offended should be offended. -- Linus Torvalds
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 05:09
Why's the brony in that picture sad?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 09:55
Because he accidentally clicked a fake code snippet which logged him out and he didn't save his password so had to create a new account.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 10:18
[i][/i]
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 14:35
Quote: "Question is not "What is wrong with little girls toys"
Question is - what's wrong with collecting toys in general?
if none, then why is it worse with girl toys?"

Most collectors collect toys that are relevant to them - toys that they had as kids for example. A grown man collecting girls toys is creepy, that's due to the perception of other people, and a lot of Bronys don't see that - instead they make excuses and try to make it look like society is in the wrong.

Society will never accept grown men playing with dolls, obsession with pony's, or watching shows intended for little girls. A grown man playing with toys gets a helluva lot creepier when it's little pink pony dolls with combs and glitter and rainbows and stuff that really isn't intended for them. Society asks, Why are these grown men spending so much time and money on a little girls show? - and Bronys don't have an answer that doesn't sound like an excuse... Society errs on the side of creepy every time and understandably so I think.

For example that picture of the obese fellow and the Pony toy and stupid grin like he just won the lottery!
The assumptions we make as non-brony is that it's for himself, not for a relative or daughter or anyone else. He'll put glitter on his nipples and play with that train set on his naked chest while eating cheese puffs from a massive bowl.

Society is sick, don't give it more ammo! - accept the downsides of being a Brony and accept responsibility for the public image that Bronys have created. Society will not back down on this, Bronys need to dial back the creepy factor a bit and the creepiest thing is how a lot of Bronys don't see it that way.

Brony is not a religion, it's not a race, it's not a sexuality, it's not a belief - it is a male fan of a cartoon made for little girls! Society doesn't care how important it is to you and never will.

Sorry, but Bronys need to take the blinkers off

I am the one who knocks...
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 16:45
Quote: "Question is not "What is wrong with little girls toys"
Question is - what's wrong with collecting toys in general?
if none, then why is it worse with girl toys?"

Whoops, that's a syllogism and is an invalid form of argument.

@Van B
There exists a stereotype of the Brony: Fat, fedora wearing "classy" friendzoned socially awkward freak with cheeto dust and sweat in his neckbeard who has tattoo'd an explicit pony tattoo on his ass-cheek. Ring a bell?

It's sad you believe this to be the truth. Have you ever been to any conventions ever? Any at all?

The one thing I can say is I can talk from experience. I've been to multiple conventions, not only ponies, and you could not be further from the truth. It's amazing how divergent the stereotype is from what's actually going on.

Of course it's weird to dress up as a magical unicorn and run around at conventions, but then again, isn't it also weird to dress up as Tuvak from Star Trek and go to a Trek con? The primary difference between "normal" cosplayers and Bronies these days is that Bronies are apparently still an acceptable target for ridicule.

You can sit behind your screen and inhale this nonsense from other "normal" people's opinions like yourself, or you can get out there and be part of the fun. I'm not even talking about the Brony fandom, just in general. Go to a Trek con or something. See why it's fun.

I'm a Brony because the fandom is ridiculously fun to be part of. Conventions, insider jokes, drama, etc. etc. etc. and you'll never hear me say anything else. I really wish I could give you the same experiences I've had and not this propaganda you read on theonion.com

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 17:33
Quote: "instead they make excuses and try to make it look like society is in the wrong.

Society will never accept grown men playing with dolls, obsession with pony's, or watching shows intended for little girls."

I think you explained the problem with society quite well yourself - and this, in my honest opinion is not limited to dolls or ponies; It's the fact that anything that goes outside of the "norm" (men wearing pink shirts is accepted NOW, but just barely) is considered creepy or odd.

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2014 00:53 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2014 00:59
I was told to quote TheComet and replace the word 'brony' with 'pedo', apparently it's quite accurate although I don't see it myself:

Quote: "There exists a stereotype of the pedo: Fat, fedora wearing "classy" friendzoned socially awkward freak with cheeto dust and sweat in his neckbeard who has tattoo'd an explicit pony tattoo on his ass-cheek. Ring a bell?

It's sad you believe this to be the truth. Have you ever been to any conventions ever? Any at all?

The one thing I can say is I can talk from experience. I've been to multiple conventions, not only ponies, and you could not be further from the truth. It's amazing how divergent the stereotype is from what's actually going on.

Of course it's weird to dress up as a magical unicorn and run around at conventions, but then again, isn't it also weird to dress up as Tuvak from Star Trek and go to a Trek con? The primary difference between "normal" cosplayers and pedos these days is that pedos are apparently still an acceptable target for ridicule.

You can sit behind your screen and inhale this nonsense from other "normal" people's opinions like yourself, or you can get out there and be part of the fun. I'm not even talking about the pedo fandom, just in general. Go to a Trek con or something. See why it's fun.

I'm a pedo because the fandom is ridiculously fun to be part of. Conventions, insider jokes, drama, etc. etc. etc. and you'll never hear me say anything else. I really wish I could give you the same experiences I've had and not this propaganda you read on theonion.com"

It's funny though.

Quote: "It's the fact that anything that goes outside of the "norm" (men wearing pink shirts is accepted NOW, but just barely) is considered creepy or odd."

I think it's creepy because it's about being obsessed with a little child's toys (of the opposite gender no less), which gives it a strong sense of paedophilia somehow. I can understand a person liking a particular cartoon (as dire as it might be), but it's the obsession that is the creepy (and unhealthy) part. There are already plenty of fandoms that don't invoke a sense of wanting to lure little children back to your cave.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2014 04:33 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2014 00:44
You live in a sad little world, Seditious.

Quote: "I think it's creepy because it's about being obsessed with a little child's toys"

No it's not about that.

I think it's pathetic of you to come in here every once in a while and post insulting content and stupid remarks. Is that really necessary? Say what you like about Bronies, in the end of the day, you're the one who's being an [MOD EDIT] here. Your obsession with hating Bronies is far more worrisome.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 00:55
TheComet, I don't read the onion, in fact I don't really pay much attention to other peoples dogma. I don't go to conventions either. I've expressed my POV based on my own thoughts, sorry if the go against your experiences but I think I'm detailing a general opinion on the matter, I'm an outsider and always will be, watching and worrying about the sort of people who get involved in these things for completely the wrong reasons.

There's too much of a predatory element to these things, and society will never get past that. It might be unfair, but come on, we are talking about society here. Bronies provide low hanging fruit for any trolls or haters out there, and they're all over the internet, what hope have you got!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 01:04
It's true what you're saying, sorry for being touchy.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 09:18
Quote: "There's too much of a predatory element to these things, and society will never get past that. It might be unfair, but come on, we are talking about society here. Bronies provide low hanging fruit for any trolls or haters out there, and they're all over the internet, what hope have you got!"

But in one post you say that society isnt to blame, and now you've turned around and are actually saying that society is horrible..

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 13:40
I'm saying we can't control society, it's upto Bronies (for example) to change perception. Nobody can say it's wrong, because it encompasses everyone and really it just represents the general perception.
It's not just Bronies who deal with this, anyone who is fanatical about something is often seen as weird or even creepy.

Like Star Trek fans, trekkies - how long has it taken for this to be no big thing?
I guess we have shows like Breaking Bad, Lost, 24, Firefly, Simpsons, Family Guy etc to thank for that, making everyday people fanatical about mainstream shows, now it's more socially 'acceptable'. With MLP, well changing perception on that will be like pushing water uphill I think.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 17:11
That makes more sense, and I'd absolutly agree to some degree. It's just fairly upsetting to see how certain people react to it. I'm fairly aware it's nothing new aswell. I guess (cheesy stuff coming) I just want people to get along and stop judging over stupid stuff:/

gamerboots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 01:49 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 11:33
Quote: "I was told to quote TheComet and replace the word 'brony' with 'pedo', apparently it's quite accurate"

hmm, I think you can replace it with a variety of words and it comes out funny LOL

Quote: "Brony is not a religion, it's not a race, it's not a sexuality, it's not a belief - it is a male fan of a cartoon made for little girls! Society doesn't care how important it is to you and never will."

I dont' know about this. Appears to me that it could almost be classified as follower of a poligion that is growing at a steady rate.

It could have been made for girls, but apparently a large number of males like it to.
It could have been made for kids, but obviously a large number of older people like it as well.

Honestly, until a few days ago I didn't care for any of the pony stuff but then happen to be going through videos on my archive site and discovered the past sins collection. How it compares to the cartoon version I am not sure but I am sure that I will have to start going through them beginning with chapter 1.

--------
DBP Archive
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2014 14:43 Edited at: 16th Oct 2014 14:46
The show itself doesn't boot interest so high to build up a brony fandom, it's the people that produced hundreds, thousands fanfics, pictures, cartoons, figures, music, convents, games, pron, clothes... wow. They did so much stuff that original series became a tiny part (1%?) of the brony fandom. The brony society is a quite standalone thing to the original series. So the reason is an ultimate perfect soil for fan creativity, it unexpectedly unleashed by exponential value.

ty's in bold (c)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:46:40