Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Release Date AGK V2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know when the AppGameKit V2 is being released ?. It said in october on the Kickstarter.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 21:14
The October date was for the 1st beta of the new version which is only available to Kickstarter backers. The actual release version isn't due to be released until 2014.

Although it is October now, so I hope we do get to see a beta soon

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 21:49
October just started so I wouldn't hold my breath.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 22:11
I hope the answer is "when it's done" and Paul is give a bit of breathing space to get things right and not held to some arbitrary kickstarter release date.

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 22:27
all kickstarter tasks for v2 i guess middle-end 2014.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 22:55
All I want right now is render to image, so I can render to a small image and then draw that to the screen. Should speed things up, especially on Ouya. Everything else works or can be worked around.

I am personally not expecting the first beta until November. And anything released before then is bonus. Things usually takes longer than planned.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 11:15
AGKv2 beta apart, we would like an AGKv1 stable version to do serious development while Paul is working on AGKv2. I do not want to develop on betas (good to do some experience), I want to develop on stable versions. If we have confirmations that beta19 is no more a beta, then TGC should name it AppGameKit v1.08.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 19:28
The latest beta is the most stable version of AGK. Unless there is something specific you need, I can't see why you have a problem using that. What does it matter what it's called?

Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 06:30 Edited at: 5th Oct 2013 06:36
I don't agree with the "when it's done" statement... if that was the case, we'd all still be waiting on an AppGameKit release past 1076. Seriously. If you want to wait for a "stable" version then that's your business, I don't happen to share your opinion on that. Paul's betas are pretty damn good and are usually workable to develop on. It looks as though Paul is pretty well on his way to getting stretch goal #1 knocked out and I feel they MUST stick to ANY promises they have made whether it be features or time frame.

Apps published: 3
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 09:18
With the latest update on Kickstarter I would guess we will see the first beta before the end of the month. All that's remaining is enhanced drawing commands, particles and sounds. After that it's the Ouya and Spine update, scheduled for late October.

Abhishek
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to know only because it does make a difference on a large projects. e.g Right now i am working on a project that has some visual effects in the game. Now if the next version makes changes it could either cost the performance ( maybe even not) or waste critical time right now that later will again be needed to make changes. So having clear information is good. It would be nice if AppGameKit developers would update the users of the possible changes. Hence i want to be in the know how what those changes maybe.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 13:59
The release schedule is available on the Kickstarter page. So far there has been 3 updates since the funding ended and they are still on schedule. All the upcoming changes are detailed on the Kickstarter page.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 04:11:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 04:11:34