Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / The end of AppUp, pretty much

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 19:20
Quote: "Thank you for being an Intel AppUp Developer and submitting your app(s) to the Intel AppUp center. Recently, we’ve made the very difficult decision to close the developer portal on November 1, 2013. This decision will allow us to refocus our resources and better align with our corporate strategic direction. Due to this closure, we also decided to discontinue the sale of applications that utilize the Intel AppUp SDK by the end of the year.
Though the AppUp developer portal will no longer be available for submitting PC apps, there are a number of other app development opportunities that we have available in the Intel Developer Zone (Intel DZ). For additional information about those opportunities, please visit the Intel Developer Zone. Through the Intel Developer Zone we can continue to be involved with you. If you have not already, please enroll in our program to start taking advantage of the available technical and business resources supporting software development. Start by exploring the Windows zone for the latest Intel tools to help you code, optimize, test and package Ultrabook™ Windows* 8 applications. Should you require deeper technical discussions for specific areas, please visit one of our developer forums http://software.intel.com/en-us/forum. For business and marketing support, visit the Software Business Network to interact with our community of Intel and industry experts, and to learn more about becoming a Software Partner.
We have included a few answers to some of the questions that you may have regarding this announcement.

• Will the Intel AppUp center be closing?
The Intel AppUp center will remain open at this time.
• What will happen to my app in the Intel AppUp center?
While your applications remain in the Intel AppUp center you will continue to receive revenue from any apps sold in the store during that time. After November 1, 2013, you will receive your app download report via email which will be sent to the Admin contact that you listed when you enrolled in the program.
• My app is outdated, what is the process to remove my app from the Intel AppUp center?
If you would like to remove your app from the catalog, please submit a written request by e-mail to the Site at the following address: http://software.intel.com/en-us/contact. For additional information regarding the removal process, please review the Application Submission and Distribution Agreement software.intel.com/sites/default/files/appup-terms-and-conditions-english.pdf.
• Will my developer profile on the Intel Developer Zone still remain active?
Yes, your developer profile will remain active. The only change that will occur with your profile is the removal of the “Intel AppUp” tab in your Dashboard; this will be removed on November 1, 2013.
• I’m currently enrolled in the Intel® Black Belt Software Developer Program; will I still maintain my current belt status and points?
Yes, your current belt status and points will remain in your profile according to the rules of the Intel Software Black Belt Program. For details regarding the requirements and point system for the Black Belt program please visit the Intel Black Belt Software Developer website.
We sincerely appreciate your contribution to the Intel AppUp center and regret any inconvenience that this change may have caused you. If you need further assistance please contact our technical support team http://software.intel.com/en-us/contact."

You ain't seen me right?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 20:47 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 20:49
That's too bad, although I think some of us saw this coming a year ago already. It was quite a tedious journey going through their review and approval process, alongside the Comodo certificate madness that many experienced. Plus the traffic just wasn't there.

P.S., Intel has promoted my AppGameKit game, Ballastic, to the #1 spot in their Featured/Trending Games list, showing up before World of Warcraft, Sonic, iRacing and other AAA titles

http://software.intel.com/pams/product-listing?showcase=gaming&f[0]=field_hero_apps%3Ayes

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 14:24
It's a shame it didn't take off, but then I only really knew about it because of the Intel competitions. It wasn't really advertised well. It's almost as if Intel think things will be popular just because it is Intel. It's bizarre considering the money they pump into developer contests.

In the UK it's loaded on every new computer from Curry's and PC World (same company), so that will need sorting before they can close it down fully.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 10:20
I didn't spot this post so I added a thread about this in the Windows section. Anyhow yes, it's a shame to see it go. I'm very glad I didn't pay out for a new code signing certificate now though!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:02:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:02:57