Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / a way to force a game into windowed mode?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 18:43
Specifically Assassins creed 3, bought it now on sale - and my GPX card really does not enjoy DX11 games (even though it should)
basicly what happens is the "screen" moves about 5cm to the right, as if i'd have the wrong resolution.

At any rate - i'd like to be able to force AC3 into windowed mode, i've tried alt+tab, alt+w, etc altcombination. I've tried adding "-windowed" into both a shortcut and steam, doesnt work, tried to put fullscreen=0 in ini file (had to add the entire line, as it doesnt exist to begin with)

aand i've tried 3d ripper DX, didnt work either - and "Start Global System Monitoring" doesnt work, because i'm on 64bit.

Using windows 7, 64bit - if that helps.

Anyone able to help? ^^

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 18:48
Well I think the alt combo you seek is Right-Alt+Enter - but not every game supports that.

I am the one who knocks...
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 18:59
Quote: "Well I think the alt combo you seek is Right-Alt+Enter - but not every game supports that."

Tried using right alt (alt gr) aswell, for all combinations i could think of, didnt help much sadly :/

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 21:33
This is a funny solution, also yeah Opening Task Manager usually shoots a window to background

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/93753/playing-assassins-creed-3-in-windowed-mode

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 08:37 Edited at: 10th Oct 2013 08:43
Most programs come with a config file, there should be a setting for fullscreen/windowed in there.

[edit] Ah I see you've already found the config. Have you found any screen settings at all in there?

Formerly OBese87.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 17:24
Quote: "[edit] Ah I see you've already found the config. Have you found any screen settings at all in there?"

Not really, or well - how wide my screen is and what kind of screen i'm using. It doesn't say anything about fullscreen at all - so i had to add the line "fullscreen=0" - because that usually works, but it didn't.

So in short - no, nothing in particularly helpful is in there

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 06:58
That sucks. Did you try the hack Valentine linked to?

Formerly OBese87.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 07:30
Yes I did try that - didnt work either >_<

I did update my drivers, can play it in 1280x1024 now, but.. well that's hardly optimal x) (Atleast I can play it lol)

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 12:45
This is a bit of a hack that would take up at least 30 minutes of your time; but if you have any DBP-BBB-GUI-Matrix1 /c# / vb.net / c++ experience you can search for the window using the find window command, then control it using windows messaging code, or host the window in your own window.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 06:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 06:33:28