Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is AGK for me?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

So i've been trying a lot of different languages, engines and game creation software but i'm still looking for the one for me

Now i do have some experience with Basic from a long time ago though i'm sure i could get back into it reasonably fast if needed

Ideally i'd like

- multiplatform
- possibility of publishing to the web (not absolutely required though)
- ease of use
- flexibility

I'd only do 2D games with it

Flexibility is what's really important here as i've run into limitations on software like Stencyl and Construct 2 while Unity is far too cumbersome for my needs

For instance could i do a 2D game with zooming? How about A* pathfinding or something similar? Does it support IAP and ads on mobile? And finally how hard would it be for someone with some coding experience dating some years back but also with scripting experience?

Thanks for any input, it's much appreciated
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 23:45 Edited at: 11th Oct 2013 23:46
- multiplatform - YES
- possibility of publishing to the web - NO (maybe in the far future)
- ease of use - YES
- flexibility - YES

Quote: "I'd only do 2D games with it"

It's great for 2D. Support for shaders, Spine etc coming later this year.

Quote: "For instance could i do a 2D game with zooming?"

Yes, no problem. Use: SetViewZoom( zoom )

Quote: "How about A* pathfinding or something similar?"

Code your own. But I think someone posted code for that?

Quote: "Does it support IAP and ads on mobile?"

IIRC yes on both. Not exactly sure what is and what is not working. Never used myself.

Quote: "And finally how hard would it be for someone with some coding experience dating some years back but also with scripting experience?"

Tier 1 (BASIC) should suit your needs. However, AppGameKit is starting with a blank page and coding everything. There are a few tools (I think) but I've never used them so I don't know what they do.

Webtastic
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, appreciated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 15:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 15:14:05