Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tile Based Deferred Rendering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 04:26 Edited at: 17th Oct 2013 04:48
Look at some of these demos I found using advanced rendering techniques to make movie demos in the game.
http://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-insider.asp

power sdk to render uses advanced techniques to render static objects in opengl 3.0.

I wonder how we can use these advanced techniques in App Development Kit to make a static movie of are product.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 05:13
It sounds interesting. But it would help if we could find the specific demos you are referring to.

By searching around I could find some power vr demos, but nothing like 'movie demos in the game'.

What is a 'static movie'? It sounds like a contradiction in terms.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 12:49 Edited at: 17th Oct 2013 13:05
Ok, i guess not a movie but a highly rendered static world that the user can interact with. Some of the techniques they use for ray tracing are incredible fast as they claim. I did some more research it looks like they just make Highly render static worlds, that look more photo realistic with there sdk.

I need to look more into this, The vr worlds demos run pretty fast on mobile devices it looks like.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 14:18
Yes - but it's linked to their GPU.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:38:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:38:52