Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Oculus Rift Support

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 19:22
Is there any chance that Oculus Rift support could be added to AppGameKit tier 1?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
As an owner of the Rift, I would love to see this. However, since the Rift is only a PC/Mac device it probably won't be high on list of requests as AppGameKit tailors heavily towards mobile development.

I feel DBPro might be a better match for integration (I actually started implementation of the Rift SDK in DBP some time ago but got sidetracked). FPSC:R will likely include support at one point down the road since Lee has also seen its potential especially for FPS games.
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 18:25
Considering that AppGameKit 2 beta will have the RenderToImage command that can be used for rendering each eye's view, all that needs to be added is the head tracking.

The developers already have experience of implementing accelerometers so I'm hoping it won't be to much work for them.

AGK may be aimed at mobile platforms, but OR is designed to work with android too so I think the argument can be made for its inclusion at some point.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 09:39
It's something we can look at once V2 is completed.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
JohnStabler
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 13:54
I hope so Rick. There's a lot of positive buzz about the Rift and I think AGK's additional 3D commands and coding simplicity may make it an excellent choice for developers who want to create VR games and applications.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:11:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:11:34