Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I'm Back From The Pits of Hell

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 19:27
Hey everyone who knows/knew me. It's a little too long to explain, but basically the last you heard of me was in this thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204340&b=2

Since then, things did not turn out the way they were supposed to at all. In fact, I've been through somewhat of an ordeal the last few months (it actually started the year before last when I got scammed and lost almost everything). It's too long to explain so here's a 3-part post I made about it. It's deliberately dramatised etc to try and make it amusing to read.

Part 1)http://thisreallyisnotablog.wordpress.com/adventures/i-survived-a-slum-part-1/

Part 2)http://thisreallyisnotablog.wordpress.com/adventures/i-survived-a-slum-part-2/

Part 3)http://thisreallyisnotablog.wordpress.com/adventures/i-survived-a-slum-part-3/

So the long and short of it is I'm back and I wanna know what's been going on here in my absence. Does anyone have anything interesting to share? I know Obese, MissJoJo, Benjamin and Dark Basic Dude have changed their names and I believe the MLP Thread got trolled and it exploded into WW3 but that's about all the intel I've managed to gather. Oh, feel free to ask me about my experiences in that hell hole and leading up to it, I'm quite comfortable talking about it now.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 21:54
Good to have you back nonZero! I have to admit I skimmed a lot but from what I've read you've had a pretty rough time of it but come out the other side

Look forward to seeing more of you around again.

oct(31) = dec(25)
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 22:21
Thanks, look forward to being around

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 22:52
Welcome back, even though I think I left before you ever joined. I recently moved out of my apartment after almost dropping out of school for the third time, though it sounds like you've had quite a hard time. Now I've realized that this is the only online community I ever really cared for.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 23:31
Ah! I'm not sure why, but it means a lot to me that you have noticed my name change.

I'll have to read up on your posts later on.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 00:25
Welcome back dude, you missed a RED BUTTON event a few weeks back too

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 09:42
Welcome back mate, I read through your story and I am glad of how it ended, it was crap but awesome for getting back on your feet, good to see a little justice on slum lord - hope nobody else rents that pigsty and that he has to learn to make some compromises to sustain an income. You referred to yourself as a snob, not sure if your were being ironic, but it's not snobbish to expect to live in reasonable and hygienic accommodation, heck, accommodation as advertised. Granted things could have been worse, but as far as I can see it the slumlord seems to be trying to take advantage of those in a bad situation.

But at least that episode is over, brings into perspective how petty first world problems are - and I'm getting ready to go to work to listen to how hard done by people are they've had to resort to washing their own dishes because their dishwasher broke, I would love to link your story, but I would probably get the sack. XD

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 19:38
Quote: "You referred to yourself as a snob, not sure if your were being ironic, but it's not snobbish to expect to live in reasonable and hygienic accommodation..."

Heh, yeah, was partly being ironic about myself being a snob as I am fussy about certain things and there are many people who've been through worst. Also, at least in my country, I get called a snob regularly coz I'm a neatness and hygiene freak

Thanks everyone for your interest and it's great to be back!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 07:18:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 07:18:23