Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Kickstarter Rewards

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 08:18
I'm very curious, noticed many members of the community have made kickstarter pledges before. There was something I was wondering about the reward system on there.

Say someone says "pledge this amount and you'll receive a poster of the game" (limited to 20 people)

and then the reward that costs a bit more says "All previous rewards plus a digital download of the game".

Does that mean if you pledged for the digital download you also get the poster even if its all sold out to the 20 people?

(Teabone)
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 08:49
Quote: "Does that mean if you pledged for the digital download you also get the poster even if its all sold out to the 20 people?"

here's how it goes.

say 10$ = poster

and 15$ = digital download + all previous rewards

if you pledge 15$ you will get the digital download AND the poster
if you pledge 10$ you will only get the poster.

or did I misunderstand your question?

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 10:03 Edited at: 30th Oct 2013 10:04
That's what I'm thinking would be the case. But you know where some of the rewards are limited only to a certain amount of people. What happens when the limit has been reached, do you still receive the previous reward that has been "sold out"?

Its a complex question lol and im not the best at formulating it

(Teabone)
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 10:06
They'd most likely wait and see how many posters they need, then get that printed and sent out to whoever. The 20 people limit would only apply to the $10 contribution. They'd have a poster for each $15 contribution on top of the 20 for the $10 contribution.

Seems daft to me - why would they limit the number of people who are allowed to advertise their game for them, for the sake of $1 or whatever each poster would cost. I mean, if your a bit late and contribute $10, you get nothing? - I hope this is just an example, and nobody is actually doing that!

I can understand if it was say, a figurine of one of the game characters, then limiting that to 20, first-come first-serve is understandable, but it would have to be a bonus thing, a limited edition poster of a game that needs kickstarter is not a good way to spend $10... spending $10 for the chance to own a poster is ludicrous.

I am the one who knocks...
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 11:00
many people on kickstarter are very happy to answer questions, send them a message and ask about it - is a more accurate solution :3

otherwise, pretty much what Van B said

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 11:23
Yes its just an example, as I've seen similar things on Kickstarter and had gotten confused in the past. But this clears everything up! Thanks guys

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:41:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:41:59