Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Upcoming Competitions

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Nov 2013 16:48
Hi All, I know things have been a little quiet lately so I decided to post a new thread...

This thread is about these two...

ADG – By baxslash
In/Na-GaCreMo – by Blobby 101

Regarding these two, I participated in both last year and curious how soon we can see the threads for them by their original posters, I think it best to keep it an original user based tradition, only fair I think…

And on another note I figured ‘this’ thread could be used to track all erm upcoming competitions across the TGC Universe as we seem to always lack one… perhaps its own Board?

Took a second look and we indeed do have a competition board… http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=36 but nobody has used it since 2011…

Oh well anyway I hope to hear more about the above competitions and I get the feeling I will not be able to participate but would like to see if I do manage to…

MrValentine

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2013 17:01
I'm not planning any competitions in the near future because I'm just too busy at the moment. The ADG has pretty much died because I haven't the time or the energy to keep the momentum going. Hardly anyone ever posts anything any more.

I might run a new competition at some point in the future but it will depend on where my career is going over the next few months.

The last competition I ran is still a little unresolved and I'd want to make sure that wasn't going to happen next time before I started anything new.

oct(31) = dec(25)
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2013 17:36
Thank you baxslash,

Good to know!

Depending on how things go I may be running some competitions with prizes in early 2014... just need time to focus... I know how you feel!

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2013 18:29
I should probably point out that I am by no means behind Na/InGaCreMo! I just started the thread last year - there's been a different user running it each year so far, so if you want to take it on this year, feel free to start the thread!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2013 20:13
I thought so thanks!

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 21:55
I always thought there should be a thread to consolidate all comps relating to this community and then a separate thread to consolidate all comps outside of this community. Thought about starting one but its lots of maintenance so I solute you. Keep updating your first post and I'll definitely keep checking in.

@baxslash: Shame to here about no comps this year year. I enjoyed participating in the first immensely.
Also, re ADG...
Quote: "Hardly anyone ever posts anything any more."

...maybe you just need to spice it up. We could always start a Pony thread on the forums
Well, whatever your career does over the next few months, hope it's the best it can be for you.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 16:16
Quote: "Also, re ADG... maybe you just need to spice it up."

Maybe, but it's something I just don't have time for at the moment. It takes quite a lot of effort to keep people interested and active. I would like to revive the ADG at some point (if I can find a defibrillator)

oct(31) = dec(25)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:53:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:53:03