Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Achievement notification

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 17:14
I have achievements working ok, but am not getting a notification when it's achieved. I can go to game center and see that the achievement has been awarded.

Noticed this from the Apple page.

Quote: ""
By default, when an achievement is completed, Game Kit displays a notification banner to the player. If your game wants to display its own achievement user interface, you can prevent the banner from being displayed by setting the showsCompletionBanner property of the achievement object to NO before reporting the player’s progress.""
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 16:59
Same thing also for the GameCenter, i suggest to use the OBJ C, as it changed for iOS 7.
I suggest again, don't use EXTRA from AGK.

Long life to Steve!
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 16:21
The game center works fine, my leaderboards are working, as are the achievements.

There's just no notification for the player at the time they are awarded. Which kind of defeats the purpose of achievements.

I'm working in Tier 1 for this project so am stuck with what is provided. As I work more and more with AppGameKit, I'm increasingly frustrated at the amount of elements which are problematic. I'm sure that sometimes it's as much about a lack of documentation as it is about broken features. At the same time I've enjoyed working with AppGameKit, it's just the little things like this which are annoying.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 01:05
You need the DELEGATE to get the notification, so you need to develop in Tier 2 in OBJ C, as all Game Center is changed as Apple will force in some months to use the new one submitted with iOS 7.
So be careful, it will work today, but not in some months to come.

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 10:44:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 10:44:19