Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Will AGK 2 have a good set of tier1 SQLITE database commands and functions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 17:58
will it?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a good suggestion and would prove enormously useful, but was never part of the AppGameKit V2 roadmap so I'd say it's unlikely at least until the rest of the listed Kickstarter goals are implemented.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 19:21
If you are working in Tier 2, you can more or less include any library you want. The trick is working out what you need for cross platform compatibility. I think there are libraries/SDKs/Framework. available for all of the covered platforms.

I haven't tried this, but, in theory, it should work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 21:43
@ xCept - I agree, SQLITE has no dependencies, is v fast and v flexible - the obvious solution for databases that are extremely useful for anything of substance in a cross-platform game...

@ Ancident Lady - yes, but I am lazy and talentless... I really think that SQLITE commands should form part of the tier 1 core commands and functions. But my fault for not mentioning it sooner...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 22:58
Duffer, my bad. I misread the subject and thought you were working in Tier 2 (my eyes saw the '2' after 'AGK' and moved it along to combine with 'tier' to make me think it said 'tier2').

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 23:47 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2013 23:48
@ Ancient Lady,

No worries - maybe the developers will read this and take pity.

I suspect it wouldn't take much (after all the essentials are implimented of course!) to introduce just the few SQLITE 3 commands/functions in Tier1....

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2013 13:30
Looking at the file format it wouldn't take a super genius to create some commands. It would take someone who is interested in such things though... which I'm not.

oct(31) = dec(25)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:34:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:34:56