Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Can't find "open office for dummies" guide.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2013 12:36
Hi, guys! I want to try out Open Office (or, better Libre Office), but in comparison to MS Word 2010 I can't do basic things - they are hidden or nonobvious or just don't exist. And the worst, I can't find any guide (lessons) "for dummies".

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2013 17:08
Try google searching, people ask for help with LibreOffice all over the place.

Formerly OBese87.
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2013 17:13
If you have a basic amount of annual expenditure, office really is the way to go. the options available are truly awesome.
IMHO free office alternatives are great for non serious activities, however, vba is most powerful in its native environment.

for things like word, the differences are negligible, if you want to actually use office, then VBA integration is a massive part of the office advantage.

for basic use, the imitations will do.
for real actual solutions you will need something like excel and access.

I am an office supporter. Free office is great for broke students -(I have been one) I now work for a company with money, Office is great, pay the fee, and you can work with it to your own end.

I prefer office, because it has never told me no. anyone with basic programming nouse will find nothing but joy within Microsoft office.
so says I anyway.

Burn retina, burn!
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2013 17:49
Kezzla, sure, MSOffice is great, but it's price... especially for basic home use. Price is not equal to profit.

bitJericho
Thanks! Unexpectedly I did not found that page. Now downloading and looking through Writer Guide.

Libervurto
Today I spent two hours trying to turn on snap for tabs on ruler like in Word. No luck for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:24:03