Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ebay help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 20:04
I am new to selling on ebay. My product sold and the buyer said he paid. Ebay even says Recieved: $40. But the $40 is not in my paypal account. I have went and checked all my emails and made sure paypal was correctly connected to the right paypal. Is payment instant or do I have to wait for it to show? If I have to wait for a processing how long will that take? Thanks!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 20:05
Click on "show all transactions" and see if its in the list.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
PayPal transactions through eBay should always be instant. They will show up in your PayPal account as soon as you login and you'd also receive confirmation through email. These days the PayPal payments are also linked to the item on eBay so it should show as paid on eBay. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up even as a pending transaction in PayPal (including if he tried paying via eCheck or something non-instant).

PayPal also has a "Find a transaction" search feature; you'll see the link towards the top when you view all transactions. From there you can search by email or transaction ID. Have the buyer forward you the ID perhaps and then check PayPal.
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 05:46
I had to change my account to a personal bussiness and now it is pending the payment so it is all good now.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 01:20
I remember the first time I made a big purchase on ebay, things were different 10 years ago. It didn't have as many of the securities is does now. I spent $650 on a car stereo and when the seller never responded to any of my messages after the purchase, I got really worried. Despite the fact that I did get my stereo a week later and it was what I expected, some communication would've helped kept me from freaking out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:54:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:54:04